Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Anyone have a good experience meeting a pro at the WSOP?

oh yea... played with Nam Le and talked with him during some breaks/between hands as well... good guy, good player... ended up going deep in that tournament; he was a lot tighter than I thought he would be but it could have been because i was the aggro one at the table with a bigger stack than he

also played with Vivek Rajkumar... good guy... he was on my left for a lot of one event... then we switched tables and he got moved back to my table... he asked me if I knew him on stars; I lied and said I didn't... he went bust with jack three trying to resteal from a nit
Old 07-20-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Anyone have a good experience meeting a pro at the WSOP?

I dunno whether to say "Brag: I have a couple of the people mentioned in this thread on my MSN list", or "Beat: Some people have really low standards for what makes someone famous" (and I'm not referring to any of the people in the rest of this post)

Once at a PokerStars press event (WSOP Freeroll, the one Anthony Holden won near the start of Bigger Deal), Joe Hachem was talking to a few of us, talking to us about some of the circuit pros. "Oh mate, he's a [censored] degenerate", the most common phrase.

Oh, and the first time I talked to Bill Chen was about 30 minutes after the infamous stripping incident

There're some good stories in this thread