Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Does anyone know where Jerry Yang plays live? Pechanga?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
honestly - based on his religious comments I'm surprised its just 10% to charity. Thats kinda cheep for the type of guy I figured him to be after watching the MEFT.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT i think that he made this pledge after making the money with no idea that he was going to win 8+ million. Imo he will more than likely give more than 10% or set up some sort of foundation. Just because he will realise that there is no possible way that he needs this much money and he can do something great for other ppl.

This is pure speculation

[/ QUOTE ]

After he knocked out the chip leader early on at the final table he pulled him aside and asked him to say he is sorry he knocked him but when he wins the main event he can sleep well knowing Yang's winnings will go to charity (I dont remember the exact wording - but I honestly was shocked when he said it). Its bound to show up on ESPN because it was such a significant moment at the final table, and IMHO it shows that Yang is not the saint he thinks of himself as.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:15 PM

10% (that precise percentage) has biblical significance as well -- tithing and all that stuff...
Old 07-18-2007, 08:16 PM

I dont know him enough to pass judgement on him. I just dont think (as do most people) that he is the best person there.