Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Random Bluff #2 from $1500 WSOP event

bruce,
of course i wouldnt, but AJ would stack off to me. If you are a standard tight player, reraising preflop and raising the flop only gets you action from hands you are behind. and on the river all you beat is a 3rd barrel from air....and occasionally AJ. Meanwhile you lose to AA/KK/JJ/77. How often is this a hand you beat v-betting realistically, and how often is it a bluff? keep in mind he's betting 20k into a 26k pot. IMO this is just not a bluff/thin v-bet more than 30% of the time.

The important point, of course, is that different players, based on styles will get different levels of action. I obv. from the way I play both give and get lots of action, so I can expand my raise for value range on the flop. Random live guy can't...so it seems to make sense to play his hand this way to me.

P.S. im with kramer on the tanking thing.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM

guys

so help me here - i think this is exactly the kind of hand where villain needs to repop the flop to see where he's at. by c/c flop and turn, its cost him more (or about the same ) and still has no idea whethere he's good or not.

I guess it comes to whether you think hero will two barrel with air or a flush draw, but i'll say every time i take the c/c tact im pissed at myself as I donk off more chips then i needed to

Im all in favor of floating where it makes sense, just not sure from villains perspective this is the place
Old 07-18-2007, 03:10 PM

whynot?,
i think that's results oriented thinking because we ended up getting bluffed here. The fact is the vast majority of the time that the action goes like this and we fold the river we have minimized the amount we lose. and when he checks the river, and we either check back or v-bet (that really depends on our read of the situation and our opponent) we will have maximized our win.