Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: $11/180 facing river raise...wtf?

[ QUOTE ]
FOLD PF

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Thread.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:48 PM

Yeah I did
Old 07-18-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I did

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was afraid of. I think I should have called this river bet. I actually tanked and folded.

I felt like my small bet may have tempted him to shove with hands like JJ-KK and that with the pot odds, I should have called. Oh well.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I did

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was afraid of. I think I should have called this river bet. I actually tanked and folded.

I felt like my small bet may have tempted him to shove with hands like JJ-KK and that with the pot odds, I should have called. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's a bad decision, and not simply because of pot odds, etc. By your posts here, you are clearly one of the better 10/180 players, so why bust out on a speculative hand early? You still have plenty of chips and an edge over the donk-infested field - you'll have much better opportunities to put your chips in.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:00 PM

Location: I can\'t walk through the park cause it\'s crazy after dark...

What is the story with the preflop talk? To say fold preflop as a blank statement is completely vacuous..Although raise if you're going to call a raise..but its not a big deal..
I like flop check, I C/C turn and C/C river depending on his betsizes. Leading turn is not terr, but not a lot worse is going to call. River is weird....6 is a bad card to bluff on, and I'd say he puts you on an ace so I fold...unless he has shown himself to be retarded prior to this hand..
Old 07-18-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I did

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that he is shoving jj-kk with you having 33.33333% of your stack in leading in to someone oop on river early in a 10 180. I have never played 10/180s but if its close to 20 180s, he could have slow played AK, so bad, but ppl do it. He raised you in ep, AA-1010, AK, AQ def possible, I would hope to think he would not raise A10, but i guess some get excited if its sooted. Your check, then big bet on turn into 2 checks OOP, he either thinks u have a big hand or are on a steal (or doesnt care becuase he is only seeing his own cards), so i dont think he would shove all in behind to often on the river with KK QQ JJ. KK is a possibility just a frustration push him not being able to bel an ace hit and u didnt lead it out.

I think I lead out 160 just to see where the heck i am at on turn after he checkd a 3 handed flop, then check call river bet. If anything else pick up some chips and note what the heck he played this way and note it. 590 chip pot if he checks behind on river and giving you a 2k+ stack at 20 level in 180 is not bad. Chipping up intead of cachunking up is not always a bad thing, esp when the cachunk is when ur lost in a hand oop.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does it get this simple?

AK,AQ,AJ,AT,TT,AA= 32 ways to make
KK,QQ,JJ = 15 ways to make

I did this quick so I might be off

15/32= 46%

That still leaves the question if JJ-KK plays it this way. But if we can assign that range to villian 100% of the time it is interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you account for the fact that I have an A and a J in my hand and that there is an A on the board? If so, it looks good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

shouldnt the jj-kk part be weigthed and atleast halfed? i really dont think he bluffs more than 50% here?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I did

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call so we have results for the thread ldo. Decision is close and I prefer a fold.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:12 PM

Location: I can\'t walk through the park cause it\'s crazy after dark...

Just reread hand...I call because your bet on the river is so small it looks like you're trying to induce a shove...plus you get an amazing number of idiots at the beginning of these 180s....he never has KK, QQ here btw...he just calls with those..this is either AK/AQ, 1010, or just a bluff...
If you get to the river like this, even though you're beat a lot of the time you have to call...
Old 07-18-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I did

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you bet the flop you would have found this decision much easier at the river. Just fwiw...