Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 PM

Default NL100 - Should Hero go for a check-raise or bet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($46.80)
MP1 ($39.70)
MP2 ($53.80)
CO ($58)
Button ($49.30)
SB ($113.55)
Hero ($100)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $3, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($9.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($15.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ??</font>

UTG is sLAG.

Should Hero bet or go for a check-raise? If betting on the turn, how much?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: NL100 - Should Hero go for a check-raise or bet?

No..just go ahead and bet...only hand sticking around is a king...and a king will raise you if you lead out, or check if you check. This becomes a monster if a king is out there...and the king is a cooler against aces.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:17 AM

I would lead flop and turn.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:52 AM

Lead the turn for about $11 and hope you get raised.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:17 AM

Don't know what PS bet increments are but, on FT I bet the turn for $10.85.

(roughly $11) Anyone who has played against me knows I bet strange amounts but, if I could bet $10.81 I would...
Old 07-18-2007, 03:44 AM

Eh I would be tempted to check the turn. Its true that you only get action if he has a king, but he will bet this without a king if you check it to him. You raise and get it all in if he has a king, but if he doesn't he folds and you gain his bet, whereas he would just fold if you lead out.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh I would be tempted to check the turn. Its true that you only get action if he has a king, but he will bet this without a king if you check it to him. You raise and get it all in if he has a king, but if he doesn't he folds and you gain his bet, whereas he would just fold if you lead out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im not looking to pick up an extra pot sized bet from a non- king holder...im playing to stack someone with a king. Hence I lead to get him to play aggressive.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Im not looking to pick up an extra pot sized bet from a non- king holder...im playing to stack someone with a king. Hence I lead to get him to play aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same result happens if he has a king and he gains an extra bet playing it his way.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same result happens if he has a king and he gains an extra bet playing it his way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right...A non-king will likely check behind and just call the river bet..whereas a king will check behind and raise the river bet. He's not that deep, so you dont need to work to hard to get his stack in. Good idea.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm wrong, but most sLAGish players wouldn't bet this turn unless they had a King, and even then I doubt they would. So if you check the turn you are most likely missing out on a chance to build the pot up to put all your chips in. There is no need to try and trap villain by check-raising.