Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Tired of Losing to Garbage Players

[ QUOTE ]
haha, well, it was an A10, unless you were drastically short stack, I dont know that pushing was the right call there to begin with. I mean, the dude calling with a Q4 is ridiculous,

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you gibbering about? Ignoring the AT comment (three handed, good Ace, gets all-in called as the leader, and you have a problem with that?)

... the Q4 could have been as good as only a 3:2 dog against that AT. "Ridiculous"? You don't know...

OP- stop whining, or give up poker altogether.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:19 AM

Stick it out with players who'll call your all-in with their Q4 - you should win 6 or 7 out of ten of them so you'll be alright over 12 months.

But hey, show some respect - they are allowed to get lucky and win 3 or 4 of them - that is game you know.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for advice. I played tonight, did pretty well. Nobody realized my change in play though. Got to final three and pushed all in on big blind on an unraised pot with A 10. Someone calls with Q 4 and kicks me out. I don't think I'm gonna play this game anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope when you say "this game" you mean poker, and not just this particular game.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stick it out with players who'll call your all-in with their Q4 - you should win 6 or 7 out of ten of them so you'll be alright over 12 months.

But hey, show some respect - they are allowed to get lucky and win 3 or 4 of them - that is game you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not "getting lucky". That is EXPECTED.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for advice. I played tonight, did pretty well. Nobody realized my change in play though. Got to final three and pushed all in on big blind on an unraised pot with A 10. Someone calls with Q 4 and kicks me out. I don't think I'm gonna play this game anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

AT versus Q4 preflop is only 64-35. You're supposed to lose with AT in this spot 1 out of 3 times. AT is no lock hand by any stretch.

If you want an even sicker statistic, AK offsuit versus 78 suited is only 59-41.

Preflop pushing is not real poker. If you're going to do it and expect your big aces unimproved to win 9 out of 10 times against "junk," you're going to be very disappointed.

Read up on SNG strategy if you want to improve in this home game.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:57 PM

Im sorry, I was not in the right mind to give advice last night.

what I was trying to say was something similar to the dude above me, and then I was kinda trying to be a little nice with the last comment, but I guess when you are down to 3 any hand with a face card can become a playable hand
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
haha, well, it was an A10, unless you were drastically short stack, I dont know that pushing was the right call there to begin with. I mean, the dude calling with a Q4 is ridiculous,

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you gibbering about? Ignoring the AT comment (three handed, good Ace, gets all-in called as the leader, and you have a problem with that?)

... the Q4 could have been as good as only a 3:2 dog against that AT. "Ridiculous"? You don't know...

OP- stop whining, or give up poker altogether.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was trying to get the blinds. My point isn't that my hand lost against his, its that he called with that hand. And to your last comment, I am.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 PM

You can't get the blinds with a group like this... Just listen to what we tell you and play tight.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And to your last comment, I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

May be the smartest choice for yourself. Of course, I tell myself I'M going to give up poker, every few months....
Old 07-19-2007, 03:54 AM

Mabey this will help. STOP PLAYING BIG POTS....if your really better then these people don't be looking for places to push. As mentioned the guy calling you with q4 is making a mistake but it's not huge (60-40 pre-flop) as opposed to the mistake he's making when he calls with middle pair against your top pair. Keeping the pots small will allow you to get you're money in on later streets when you're a bigger favorite and will extend the length of the game allowing your superior skill to come out and reduce variance