Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: CONGRATULATION JERRY YANG!!!! 2007 main event CHAMP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God this thread is great

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure that God had anything to do with thread... oh wait... we are talking about Jerry Yang... never mind...

[/ QUOTE ]

um, zing!
Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 PM

I second the congrats.

I can't believe some of the people on this forum...
His religous zeal was totally fine and unobtrusive.
He wasn't getting in anyones face about it, he wasn't trying to get into other peoples busniess, and he never even went to it unless it was all in with no action left. Totally appropriate. Just cause you all hate Republicans doesn't mean you have to take it out on a guy whos grateful to some universal diety for the fortunes in his life. He's even giving to secular charities that we all can agree with.
For as much on air time was given to Lee Watkinson and his freakin chimps there should be 10 times for this guy.

Also, to all the people who are complaining about the money that wont be back in the poker community....
are you [censored] kidding me? you're serisouly whining about how your degenerate ass, MGM Mirage and Harrahs aren't going to have access to the money instead of charities called "Feed the Children".

Also calling him a complete donkey is a little much. My only one real critism of his play was the wild range of open raises at the full table. That did show a lot of inexperience. But hey, he is unexperienced, and frankly he played pretty damn good for someone with two years experience. Think back to when you had only been playing for two years and how bad you were.

I would say the way rahme played kings, and the danish guy played his bottom pair, mid flush draw with ONE card to come, and Watkinson's totally uneccassary overbet with his life on the line with A7, were all incredibly worse than anything yang did.

Also hes going to be a way better ambassador considering hes the average joe giving to charity and acted like a complete gentleman throughout than the guy who had to go through legal actions just to get his payout because of shadyness with deals.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:43 PM

He just reminded me of Kurt Warner... a guy you like to root for until he starts opening his mouth and preaching about what a great religinut he is.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Is there a capture of the interview with Norman Chad anywhere?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This type of stupid quote makes my week. Firstly people dont take any notice of what someone's cap says, it certainely wont influence where they deposit $$$ of their cash. They go online, join a forum and ask around.

Secondly roughly 85% imo play more than one site and the bottom 25% play PS and FT. So it doesnt matter whos [censored] cap or tshirt they are wearing.

You think I'm going to go buy the Family Guy DVD's because Kalmar had Stuey on his shirt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know there's really no reason to jump in on the beating this guy is taking for writing his post, but in a post full of really horribly inaccurate perceptions, the item in bold is the most off base.

No one joins an online forum before donking off a few buyins or tourney entry fees. If >0.0001% of players are forum members before they have site accounts I'd be surprised.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JHC: Hey Gabriel!
JHC: watch this!!!!!!
ArchyA: whatev? coinflips are boring
JHC: srs- just watch
ArchyA: so u liek canada now or somthin?
JHC: STFU--watch
ArchyA: HAHAHAAH, that runner-runner [censored] tilts those monkeys hard
JHC: go wake up Emil

CONGRATULATION JERRY YANG!!!! 2007 main event CHAMP

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs some love.

Although I lost some money betting against him and the God stuff got annoying during the broadcast, I couldn't agree more that Yang is going to be good for poker.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He pwned the first hour of the FT and then held on.

Hopefully he'll attract a lot of religious gamb00lers to poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but if they are as religious as Jerry, God will be on their side and you can never win...

[/ QUOTE ]

This not getting enough love, lol
Old 07-18-2007, 01:12 PM

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2007 WORLD CHAMPION OF POKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

way to go freddy deeb
Old 07-18-2007, 01:14 PM

you dont know anything...

[ QUOTE ]
I second the congrats.

I can't believe some of the people on this forum...
His religous zeal was totally fine and unobtrusive.
He wasn't getting in anyones face about it, he wasn't trying to get into other peoples busniess, and he never even went to it unless it was all in with no action left. Totally appropriate. Just cause you all hate Republicans doesn't mean you have to take it out on a guy whos grateful to some universal diety for the fortunes in his life. He's even giving to secular charities that we all can agree with.
For as much on air time was given to Lee Watkinson and his freakin chimps there should be 10 times for this guy.

Also, to all the people who are complaining about the money that wont be back in the poker community....
are you [censored] kidding me? you're serisouly whining about how your degenerate ass, MGM Mirage and Harrahs aren't going to have access to the money instead of charities called "Feed the Children".

Also calling him a complete donkey is a little much. My only one real critism of his play was the wild range of open raises at the full table. That did show a lot of inexperience. But hey, he is unexperienced, and frankly he played pretty damn good for someone with two years experience. Think back to when you had only been playing for two years and how bad you were.

I would say the way rahme played kings, and the danish guy played his bottom pair, mid flush draw with ONE card to come, and Watkinson's totally uneccassary overbet with his life on the line with A7, were all incredibly worse than anything yang did.

Also hes going to be a way better ambassador considering hes the average joe giving to charity and acted like a complete gentleman throughout than the guy who had to go through legal actions just to get his payout because of shadyness with deals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-18-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the gist of this one. Nobody is complaining about the money going to charity, they're complaining that he won't, a la Jamie Gold et al, donk off the non charity money at high stakes cash games.

This is not supposed to be thread attacking other viewpoints, it's the show some love thread. There are plenty of other threads for that.