Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Khan Acted like a retard and I am glad he is gone

[ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a really intelligent contribution to this thread. You're awesome.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:56 AM

I'm confused. Act like a jackass jumping around is ok. He is entertaining and fun to watch. On an unrelated note, he also happens to be an internet player. Get excited and praise jesus and you are the worst thing to happen to poker since Jamie Gold. Incidentally Yang is not an internet player.

Hard to say what is the bigger hypocrisy, Yang and his Jesus at the poker table or the ridiculious assertion that Khan's behavior is so much better.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:34 PM

Out of all the other players at the final table, I could see Kahn as this year's Paul Wasicka.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM

If Khan wasn't a 2+2 member, we'd all be bashing him for being like that Erik Molina kid.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:42 PM

Khan NEVER berated other players, he's nothing like Molina IMO.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kahn was awesome and if you watch any interview he is mega gracious and a nice guy. STFU!

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure why people think this guy's behavior is awesome. From what I witnessed first hand:

He busts a player and yells out at the top of his lungs to attract the cameras and reporters over to his table. Once they get there and the cameras are on him he stands up and starts doing some goofy dance. Meanwhile the guy he just busted is collecting his things and shaking hands with some of the players that he has been with for several hours. It is a lonely feeling when you get knocked out of the main event. The eliminated player attempts to shake the hand of khan, but khan is too busy waving his hands in the air and gyrating his hips while he makes some strange monkey noises to even notice the eliminated player.

the only people enjoying this display were the media. Every player within ear shot was disgusted with this behavior. Put yourself in the shoes of the eliminated player and tell me you would enjoy watching him act this way as you walk out of the tournament area.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this firsthand too. Khan yells at the top of his lungs and pumps his fists while his eyes bug out and his head shakes for about two minutes. It is some of the dorkiest behavior I have ever seen.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:09 PM

If Khan didn't happen to be 2+2 the opinions of most people on here, in regards to his table antics, would be far far different
Old 07-18-2007, 03:49 PM

Khan was just having a good time enjoying himself. He did not mean to rub it in peoples faces or cause problems we just enjoying himself. If you heard him when he did his interview with Gordon he was VERY respectful of all the players and sounded extremely knowledgeable.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kahn was awesome and if you watch any interview he is mega gracious and a nice guy. STFU!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-18-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Khan was just having a good time enjoying himself. He did not mean to rub it in peoples faces or cause problems we just enjoying himself. If you heard him when he did his interview with Gordon he was VERY respectful of all the players and sounded extremely knowledgeable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being respectful in interviews AFTER acting like a jerk towards your fellow players (and the behavior Temp describes is purely jerk-ish) does not undo the damage or make up for the lack of basic courtesy during gameplay.

I haven't seen anything at all media/tv-related to this year's FT, but based on the reports in this thread, it sounds like Khan is trying to get media attention by acting crazy, and playing to the media like that is lame if it comes at the expense of basic respect for fellow players at the table.