Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: July. (#11 of 11.)

It was my understanding that the rake paid in the general tab was not contributed. That is to say, if 3 people put money in the pot and the rake was $3, if you won the pot the rake reflected would be $3; if you lost, it would be $0.

In the PT help file it says: "Total Rake - total rake taken from hands won by player. THIS IS NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE...in hands where you split the pot with another player, Poker Tracker assumes you still paid the entire rake for the hand, it doesn't determine the split amount of the rake."

Unless I'm misunderstanding what contributed rake is, PT doesn't split the rake among players that put money in the pot.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:31 PM

You are right, the rake paid in the general tab is not contributed in the rakeback sense of the word.

There are 2 ways to calculate contributed rake. First is the weighted calculation where you get a percentage of the rake paid depending on how much money you invested in the pot (even if you don't win). So if you invest 30% of the money in the final pot you get 30% of the rake of that hand toward your total rake paid.

Also there is average contributed where you get a portion of the rake paid as long as you contribute anything to the pot. So if you limp in and fold after the flop you get 33% of the rake paid (if the pot was 3 way) even though you contributed less to the pot than the other 2 players.

Hope this is correct and makes sense. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you weren't such a poor manager 100% rakeback would of never failed.

If you allowed pahud etc.

Got better software

You'd be doing a LOT better...ohhh...and try some more advertising [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This shows how little you know about driving traffic and building a poker site.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:37 PM

Requested WPX check by courier July 2nd, received by FedEx July 17th.

BO
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was my understanding that the rake paid in the general tab was not contributed. That is to say, if 3 people put money in the pot and the rake was $3, if you won the pot the rake reflected would be $3; if you lost, it would be $0.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what contributed rake is, PT doesn't split the rake among players that put money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. However we don't know how WPEX will calculate their contributed rake. It could be an equal share to anyone who contributed to the pot, a weighted share by contribution to the pot, or by the winner getting full share.

In my last post to my Effect of Rake / Rakeback thread I compared 'rakefree' (i.e. winner gets all the rakeback) to a contributed scheme where if you see the flop you get an equal share of rakeback. I concluded they had basically the same effect.

So, I think the Total Rake from PT is a 'good enough' representation of 100% contributed rakeback.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:49 PM

i got my check today too on july 17th from a july 2nd cash out
Old 07-17-2007, 05:36 PM

It's ridiculous that it's taking 2+ weeks to get courier checks that are supposed to be shipped via "overnight shipping"
Old 07-18-2007, 06:04 AM

it takes 2 weeks because the processors can only handle so many checks per day. They are operating in a much different envirment then before the neteller fiasco. Also even though there is a small player pool on Pex im getting the feeling that a lot of checks are being requested.

One thing that could help a little would be to get 1 bigger check once a month, instead of requesting smaller checks every week
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 AM

do you have any plans of getting something like paytru?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 AM

Thanks for the $5K added tourneys! I came 11th last night (boooo, but yay). Any talk about changing the blind structure? Seemed like a bit of a pushfest when it got close to the money. Just a thought, and thanks again.

-- Tim
Closed Thread