Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 09:05 AM

Default flop gone bad

10/20 limit O/8 9 handed
5 players see a flop of JcTc9s
the sb bets, utg mucks and the 6d mysteriously shows up in the flop under the Tc
utg cards did not contain the 6d and this was clear. the 6d was stuck to the back of the Tc on the flop.
the action was normal up until the point that the flop was disturbed by utg mucking and the 6d revealed.
how do you proceed from here ? Does the fact that there was a bet and a fold on what appeared to be a perfectly well dealt flop change anything? i believe if the error is immediately detected when the cards come out they all get shuffled back and a new flop dealt but there has been action on this flop and a player has mucked his cards? thanks, and sorry if this has been asked and answered many times but it was the first time i ever saw the card stuck and remain undetected.
jason
Old 07-17-2007, 09:51 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: flop gone bad

I think it would treated like a boxed card, just a scrap of paper.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:42 PM

Either that, or make it the burn card. Either way would be fine with me.

But it goes without saying that we have too much action to throw this flop away.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:06 PM

to much action to fix the flop.
I would make it(6d) the burn card so as to preserve at the turn and river cards.
play on
Old 07-17-2007, 09:10 PM

That's a good one, no doubt. I would say since there's been action, the flop would have to stay. It would not be fair to reshuffle and deal a new flop if the mucked hand is irretrieveable. Making the 6d the next burn card would seem a reasonable solution.

However, if the mucked hand is easily retrieveable then re-shuffling and dealing a new flop would also seem a reasonable solution. I don't think trying to identify the "correct" burn card would be appropriate as it would be too unclear.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 AM

the mucked hand could not have been retrieved, thanks for the responses seems no one has encountered this before for a more definitive answer i guess....
Old 07-19-2007, 01:05 PM

I've never seen this one as a player or a floor.

Usually when we see four cards it's discovered immediately; after the dealer peels the flop face down on the felt and/or after he turns them over and spreads. In this case LA rules require the flop to be picked up and shuffled into the stub and a new flop put out since you can't really tell what cards stuck together.

Here you can but we've had action in two spots. Putting out a new flop would be grossly unfair since we already know the intentions of two players on the current flavor flop.

Best solution is to treat it as a boxed or perhaps a null card. If boxed take it into the muck and burn and turn for the next two streets normally. Using it as a burn wouldn't be too bad either (since superstitious player's like to see order preserved) although the deck is momentarily unprotected without a burn on top.

~ Rick