Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Does this look legit? (online watch school)

So I'd love to learn how to make watches, and the only classes I can find are near Dallas. Maybe there's something closer that I've missed though (in Houston). I saw this online watchmaking school but couldn't find any reviews or anything. I guess it looks legitimate but all I know about watches right now is which ones I like. I have no idea how to make them.

Any suggestions? Maybe I'm just stupid and there's an easier way to do this in Houston, too. Any help about this or related topics would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Does this look legit? (online watch school)

Does Houston have amazon?

George Daniels, Watchmaking, Revised Edition, Phillip Wilson 1999.
George Daniels, The Art of Breguet, Sotheby's,London 1986.
George Daniels and Cecil Clutton, Watches, Viking Press 1965.
Alfred Helwig, Drehganguhren (Tourbillons and Karusselluhren), Deutsch Uhrmacher-Zeitung, Berlin 1927.
Steffen Pahlow, Touhrbillon Uber Mein Passion, Privately Printed, ISBN 3-00-007198-9, 2001.
Alfred Helwig, Drehganguhren (Tourbillons and Karusselluhren), Deutsch Uhrmacher-Zeitung, Berlin 1927.
H. Jendritzki, The Watchmaker and his Lathe, Edition Scriptar SA, Lausanne 1982.
Martin Matthews, Engine Turning 1680-1980, Privately Printed, 1984?
Reinhard Meis, Das Tourbillon, Callwey, Munchen 1993.
Reinhard Meis, Pocket Watches, Schiffer 1987.
J. C. Nicolet, From Hand to Machine, Editions Scriptar SA, Lausanne, 1999.
J. C. Nicolet, Turning and Milling in Horology, Bergeon & Cie, Le Locle 1995?
Theodore Crom, Horological Shop Tools – 1700 to 1900, Privately Printed, Hawthorn Florida, 1980.
Theodore Crom, Horological and Other Shop Tools 1700 to 1900, Privately Printed, Hawthorn Florida 1987.
Theodore Crom, Horological Wheel Cutting Engines – 1700 to 1900, Privately Printed, Gainsville Florida 1970.
W. O. Davis, Gears for Small Mechanisms, 2nd Edition, Tee Publishing, Leicestershire 1993.
Ward Goodrich, The Watchmaker's Lathe, Hazlitt & Walker, Chicago 1903.
Goodrich & Stanley, Accurate Tool Work, Hill Publishing 1908, Reprint by Lindsay Books, 1988.
Louis & Samuel Levin, Practical Benchwork for Horologists, Eighth Edition, Louis Levin & Son, Los Angeles 1950.
A.L. Rawlings, The Science of Clocks and Watches, Third Edition British Horological Institute, Upton UK 1993.
Claudius Saunier, A Treatise of Modern Horology, Crosby, Lockwood and Company, London 1887.
Claudius Saunier, Watchmaker's Handbook, Crosby, Lockwood and Son, London, 1924.
N. B. Sherwood, Watch and Chronometer Jeweling, George Hazlitt, Chicago 1892.
J.Swinburne, The Mechanism of the Watch, N.A.G Press, London 1950.
J. Malcolm Wild, Clock Wheel and Pinion Cutting, Arlington Book Co. 1988.
J. Malcolm Wild, Wheel and Pinion Cutting in Horology, Crownwood Press 2001.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Does this look legit? (online watch school)

Hi New001,

Appears you are new to life. I'm glad you come to us with your elementary problem. Here in the real world, adults who are unsure of a service they are going to pay for often request things called "references" or "testimonials" where they are given contact information from people who have already paid for the service in the past and can vouch for the quality of service they received. I hope this helps. If you have any other problems feel free to start new threads. have a nice day.