Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Moving back in tees

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I regularly play the blues (back tees). If I suggest we play the tips, we're teeing it up from the furthers back point of every box regardless of where the blues are placed.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes you weird, whether or not all your friends are okay with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you really just take your own time to type that?

[/ QUOTE ]
What a stupid reply. How long could that possibly take you? Like 11 seconds if you're slow, I guess. When your schedule gets too tight for that sort of activity it might be time to loosen up your calendar.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:12 PM

k.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I regularly play the blues (back tees). If I suggest we play the tips, we're teeing it up from the furthers back point of every box regardless of where the blues are placed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how that makes him weird. I have done this countless times with the best players at my course. If we want to play the tips, what else would we do?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how that makes him weird. I have done this countless times with the best players at my course. If we want to play the tips, what else would we do?

[/ QUOTE ]
There's nothing weird about wanting to play from the back point of the tee boxes. There's a lot weird about thinking that "the tips" would suggest to any normal person that that's what you're talking about.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lived in several areas of the country and this is pretty standard terminology for the people I've played with.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 PM

The color argument going on is just stupid. I have played a lot of courses where the blues are NOT the back tees, and a lot where they ARE the back tees. Black seems to be the standard for the longest tees that I've seen, blue is very common, but more and more places are putting in "symbolic" tee colors.

Several clubs here with "green" symbols or motifs are greens from the back, and several I've played lately are yellow (even though that's sort of "standard" for seniors' tees (between white and red).

Anyway, if you can't shoot in the 80's, don't play anything further back than the middle set of tees, unless there's no one behind you. Then, do whatever you want until someone catches up, and when they do, don't delay them. Move up or let them through immediately.

Most of the golf population (myself included, most days) should be playing at least one set of tees up from where they do, anyway.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:49 PM

Just play the tees that suit your game and skill level.

If the tips (back tees) are less than 6400-6500 yards, I think any male who can hit it 225 or so is fine.

But when you're a 20 handicap whose tee shots are 215-yard slices into the right rough, and you're back there at 7000 yards, that is terrible etiquette and someone on staff should be demanding you change tees or leave the course.