Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

[ QUOTE ]
The dealers at the Hard Rock are definetly the best in the Tampa area.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being sarcastic right?

I was there playing a 7 handed 2-4 limit game and the dealer couldnt get the button around in 30 min. I bet they were averaging 14-17 hands per HOUR. Congrats if you had better dealers.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Anyone try the new tournaments around town??

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if anyone tried the new tourneys around town this past weekend?? As much as we are frustrated with the staff at The Isle they had some nice structured tourneys begin this past weekend, especially the $350 10k unit with 30 minute blinds on on Sunday afternoon. I'm curious if anyone played any of the tourneys now that the $45 crapshoots are extinct. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing for the Tampa area. We've got revised tourneys at Tampa Downs and KSC, both of which haven't even attracted 30 players [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The BEST structure in town is at Tampa Greyhounds and they haven't even had enough players show up to get the game off the ground [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Guess everyone is flocking to the new limits and leaving behind the tourneys for now...sux [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The dealers at the Hard Rock are definetly the best in the Tampa area.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being sarcastic right?

I was there playing a 7 handed 2-4 limit game and the dealer couldnt get the button around in 30 min. I bet they were averaging 14-17 hands per HOUR. Congrats if you had better dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]

No

Having played at all the venues in the area on numerous occassions, they are far and away the best in my opinion.

-FH-
Old 07-17-2007, 12:36 PM

Wow that is not at all my experiences.

Here would be my rankings
1) Tampa Bay Downs
2) SKC
3) Gandy Dog Track
4) Hard Rock
5) Tampa Greyhoud (very new dealers though).
Old 07-17-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can assure you guys that some of the dealers that can't pull their weight in my room are going to be out the door very soon.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:41 PM

I dont know if you are the manager or not but. I would give them at least a full month before deciding who to get rid of. It really isnt the easiest job because you always have 10 people at the table that think they can do it better than you. Maybe you can have the worst ones stand on 275 trying to wave cars in. Because your biggest problem isnt your dealers its the fact no one is in that room.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can assure you guys that some of the dealers that can't pull their weight in my room are going to be out the door very soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has that noon tourney ever gotten started? I'd really love to see players flocking to that mtt....the structure is AWESOME!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:54 PM

Agree, Tampa Greyhound has great tourney structures, probably the best in the area.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 PM

By the way, the DERBY LANE $60 tourneys(all varietys), have a minimum 24% rake.......ugh!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:11 PM

I played a tournament at the Isle last Wednesday. Levels are still 15 minutes for that tourney, but at least you can start with 5000 chips after dealer toke. Of course, busted out 30 minutes in when my flopped straight loses to a 6 out rivered full house.

I was going to go straight to 1-2 NL, but decided I wanted to play another tourney, so I headed to Dania for the 8pm. Well, there was no tourney. From what the lady said, they are getting no interest in tourneys...everyone wants to play 1-2 NL. I looked around. About 8 tables playing. Looked like the 6:30pm tournet was on the final table already. Didn't bother to ask how many started. It just seemed kinda ridiculous.

Headed back to the Isle and got into a 1-2 NL game. Bought in for $100...cashed out $400 3 hours later. Game was soft. Guy 2 to my right rebought 7 times. He would call all-in with just about anything. I'm glad he was to my right. It was like a gold mine.

As someone else mentioned, the tables were beautiful. Dealers were not too bad. I had to go to the cage to buy chips and they asked how I wanted them. Waited about 15 minutes. Line was about 8, so they started a new table.

Not sure if I'd go to HR and wait 3 hours with the same game, just as soft with less wait. They'd have to get the high limits back to attract me over there.