Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Lance Briggs May Be in Camp?

[ QUOTE ]
Freeney had 5.5 sacks last year, 3 in one game. He's great, he's a beast, he causes double teams, he's an amazing pass-rusher. That said, he had 5.5 sacks last year and 3 of them came in one game.

[/ QUOTE ]

he also forces fumbles at an astronomical rate, about twice as often as any other DE.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That was an anomaly that likely caused the colts to get a significant discount.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you understand how good I think he is, how much I'd like to have him on my team, etc.

WRT the above statement, are you on [censored] crack?
Old 07-17-2007, 02:45 PM

$11 mil / yr for 4 years for a 27-year-old DE in his prime with no other available replacements = must do for the colts. i don't know how you can possibly argue it's a bad deal for the colts. freeney had all the leverage in the world.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$11 mil / yr for 4 years for a 27-year-old DE in his prime with no other available replacements = must do for the colts. i don't know how you can possibly argue it's a bad deal for the colts. freeney had all the leverage in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
from espn

[ QUOTE ]
Depending on the way insiders view contracts, Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour had been the league's highest-paid defensive player if you consider the new money in a three-year, $28 million contract he signed in 2006. The Patriots view that deal as a $7.5 million-a-year contract if you include Seymour's salary in 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-17-2007, 07:32 PM

the 3 best des in the nfl are seymour, peppers and freeney. freeney got a huge contract and now peppers' is going to top freeney's (that's what he was waiting for, freeney to sign). if you can't tell, the obvious exception is seymour, and is an exception for many reasons -- hi, they're the patriots?

it's silly to say it's a bad deal just because someone else willingly signed below market value. it's quite simplistic and unrealistic and doesn't even take so many vital factors into the situation.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the 3 best des in the nfl are seymour, peppers and freeney. freeney got a huge contract and now peppers' is going to top freeney's (that's what he was waiting for, freeney to sign). if you can't tell, the obvious exception is seymour, and is an exception for many reasons -- hi, they're the patriots?

it's silly to say it's a bad deal just because someone else willingly signed below market value. it's quite simplistic and unrealistic and doesn't even take so many vital factors into the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty pleased with how you equate "below market value" with "highest paid defensive player in the [censored] league."
Old 07-18-2007, 12:47 AM

you're not even trying now.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:49 AM

Lol @ thinking Briggs was ever going to hold out. He's not stupid.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:23 AM

i didn't realize the FF stat with freeney, so that's nice awareness for him, but i still have a hard time giving this amount to someone who's still fairly 1D, had injury problems (at least last year, don't think it's an anomoly)...and most of all, he won't win championships, and that kind of contract is for franchise players, freeney is like the 4th best player on that team...
Old 07-18-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't realize the FF stat with freeney, so that's nice awareness for him, but i still have a hard time giving this amount to someone who's still fairly 1D, had injury problems (at least last year, don't think it's an anomoly)...and most of all, he won't win championships, and that kind of contract is for franchise players, freeney is like the 4th best player on that team...

[/ QUOTE ]

The 1d knock is fair, but he so damn good at that dimension that he its worth it.

The rest of your post is complete nonsense.

His "injury problems" were a surgically repaired shoulder, that by all accounts has healed properly. He didn't miss any game time last year and the shoulder doesn't impact his speed, which is by far his most important ability. His legs were impacted by some tweaked muscles last year but that is the type of thing that just needed some rest.

As far as the last part, I hope you are kidding. He won't win championships? ORLY?