SB ($430.50)
Hero ($277.40)
UTG ($257.30)
UTG+1 ($175.25)
MP1 ($212.95)
MP2 ($167.80)
MP3 ($202)
CO ($165.93)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $5, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, UTG calls $11, MP2 calls $11, SB folds.

Flop: ($53) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls $35.

Turn: ($123) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $75</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $198

I'm wondering if I pushed too hard on turn. This guy was playing pretty TAG so I had difficulty on putting him on a hand preflop that he would call a raise to 16 for. When I thought about, I was actually pretty scared about the flush. I didn't put him on AQ as I don't think he'd call my raise with that. In the end I put him on something around JJ or QQ.
Was my line right?
Old 03-05-2006, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Did I push JJ/QQ out here?

Raise more preflop ($20 style, at least)

Flop bet is fine, although flop check wouldnt be all that terrible either, if you want to get some value from mid-high pairs on later streets.

Check the turn though, you're letting your opponents off the hook if they're behind or letting them have your stack easy-style if they're ahead.

I wouldnt be too worried about the flush, given that QJ would be the best hearts hand available. In fact, I would be more concerned about a set here than QQ/JJ. If I have QQ/JJ in your opponents shoes, i'm not calling that flop bet.

FWIW, I think MP2 has a weaker ace with no heart here. He floated your flop bet to see if his TP was good, but this turn doesnt bode well for him, and you're still firing.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:50 AM

I like a turn check here. It'll save you money against a flush, induce a bluff from worse hands on the river, and probably get a decent sized call from a hand like AT or QQ. I dont check here if i know villain likes to play weak aces and will go all the way with his trash top pair
Old 03-05-2006, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise more preflop ($20 style, at least)

Flop bet is fine, although flop check wouldnt be all that terrible either, if you want to get some value from mid-high pairs on later streets.

Check the turn though, you're letting your opponents off the hook if they're behind or letting them have your stack easy-style if they're ahead.

I wouldnt be too worried about the flush, given that QJ would be the best hearts hand available. In fact, I would be more concerned about a set here than QQ/JJ. If I have QQ/JJ in your opponents shoes, i'm not calling that flop bet.

FWIW, I think MP2 has a weaker ace with no heart here. He floated your flop bet to see if his TP was good, but this turn doesnt bode well for him, and you're still firing.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree 100%