Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: $50NL - nitty multitabler might be frustrated

This is bad, you could call the 3bet with the intention of C/R lots of flops like you have done if you had a good image. But running at 35/27 this is just utter spew.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:47 PM

There is NO reason at all to play back at the BB from the SB when he's running THAT nitty.
He has you crushed, just let your $2 preflop go and steal his blinds the next 10 orbits.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is absolutely ridiculous.

OP, you are running 35/27 and are posting a hand for discussion when your millionth raise of the session is played back at by a 11/1???? Seriously, wtf?

I presume that as you are playing 35/27 that you understand the dynamics of this LAG v. Nit situation...you have been pushing guys around all session and then here, you raise again pre, get 3b by an 11/1, then you try a flop c/r, which gets called and then villain bets turn....and you are wondering, what exactly? Whether he's bluffing? Whether you are ahead? Whether you can draw? Whether you have FE?

Christ, I thought it was LAG 101 to get away from these spots asap. I mean, I'm a weak tight nit, and even I understand the principle that good LAG's splash around a lot but only invest serious money when they have a real hand. This looks like Bad LAG spew to me.

Just IMO, and I'm not trying to hate on OP. Just a bit irritated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty fair points I think, like I said I'm a spewtard. I have no idea why I cut off the action on the turn, i folded obv. I just wondered if there was any merit to my flop play. probably would've worked better with my normal 22/19 stats.

Just watched fee's vid which helped me a bit, I seem to have trouble folding postflop.

thanks guys.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:07 PM

your entire thought process is flawed if you think the only reason this isnt a good move is because you are at 35/27. You cant win every pot, and when a super nit reraises preflop, unless you actually do make a monster, just give up man, otherwise you are just trying to get tricky for the sake of never folding.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:41 PM

you preflop call ooop with 8 5 offsuit is pretty god awful

as far as your flop play i like it as long as you put him on overcards and not an overpair

i like all of your play post flop, as long as you have a good table image, one that might look as if you would check raise on a draw, but playing 85 makes it seem clear that you are on monkey tilt of the worst kind
Old 07-17-2007, 02:44 PM

I doubt you raise this flop with many 'made' hands which makes your line pretty bad
Old 07-17-2007, 03:50 PM

What does that weak of a re-raise pre really mean? I would be inclined to assume a lot of strength with that kind of raise.

I might even check/fold this flop. You don't have the image for any FE, which is what you need to play draws hard. He also likely had a big hand given how he raised pre and your draw really isn't that good. If you're going to play this flop, I like the check-raise, but you're going to get an Ad or Kd to call behind in position a lot.

I just wonder if he makes that bet with an overpair without a diamond. The problem with your odds on the turn is that most of the time he's betting the river as well. Tough spot. I fold the turn.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:53 PM

I agree, that raising the SB here is pretty bad. I don't even like raising hands like JTs here because playing tricky hands OOP, especially with your image, is near impossible.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

[/ QUOTE ]

"Ooow.... my... god..." - Chandler Bing