Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Random bluff from $1500NL WSOP event

One last thing;

[ QUOTE ]
What's his 4 betting range? If it's ATC, sure, maybe I'd make this play

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously this is the key to the hand, and if i knew his range i wouldn't be posting this hand.

I don't really know what live peoples range is in spots like this, and wondered what people who had played live thought. At the time i just thought his 12k bet was just to prevent me winning this pot without a real hand (so obv i shove anyway) but when he folded AK obv my read was wrong, and i'm still not too sure if its unneeded spew and i got lucky, or its still a good play. Had i known he had AK i clearly wouldn't have shoved.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:03 PM

Wait, so he folded AK face-up?

Plus if you know he has AK, but you know he's folding AK to a shove, you should be shoving here 100% of the time LDO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Plus if you know he has AK, but you know he's folding AK to a shove, you should be shoving here 100% of the time LDO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he folded AKo faceup pretty much instantly - looks more like it was a raise to see where he was at. I was pretty sad to see him fold AK, i thought i made a nice read on him when he instafolds until he flipped the cards.

Also i run sick good with random cards vs AKo.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he folded AKo faceup pretty much instantly - looks more like it was a raise to see where he was at. I was pretty sad to see him fold AK, i thought i made a nice read on him when he instafolds until he flipped the cards.

Also i run sick good with random cards vs AKo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares if he folded AK? Your read may have been slightly off, but it was still good enough to know he was afraid of his hand, he didn't have a monster, and OMG OMG at someone folding AK to you here, how does everyone else have players fold AK to them?

If he folds AK he's pretty much only calling KK/AA, in which case if you have reason to believe he's not mini-raising KK/AA here this becomes a shove 100% of the time, thus making his raise really awful.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:31 PM

I wouldn't do this but it'd be really tempting, pretty sure he folds KK sometimes.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:06 PM

I would not show this hand after he shows AK. You are much better to say "wow nice laydown, you were dominated there." If you have a table that is folding to you, why give them a reason to play back by showing trash and killing your image.

I think this is a spew. I don't find a lot of live players repoping your reraise here very lightly. Most of these guys will call or fold to your repop if they are stealing light.