Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: 1+0.10 - blocking on river

[ QUOTE ]
In this particular case if the cards remain the same but it's a rainbow flop I would still bet 3/4 to full pot on the flop. You're looking to build the pot against an opponent with a naked Ace and if your bet chases them both away you were unlikely to get action with the smaller bet anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds plausible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 01:46 PM

3/4 to pot size bet on flop; same on turn or check-raise all-in; bet on river is most likely a loser since weaker hands will fold and you won't budge a made flush.

Too weak of bets in my limited opinion.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:57 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Looking back I agree flop bet was too weak. I should have done at least 1/2 pot. I put out less to see if I had any naked A's playing with me and also looking weak inviting a flop raise which I would have flat called to get the pot nice.

Given this is a $1 SNG, I can't credit most players for thinking to raise my weak bet.

His min raise sort of ended up blokcing me on the end. I folded.

A lot of replies mentioned CO limping range. I'd like to hear them if you have the time. I would include Ax up to A8, PP 22 up to 77, low paint, suited connectors. Anything stronger doesn't limp.

So his range has sets, and SD in there, not just a weaker 2 pair or naked A.

Thanks again!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:18 PM

just value bet the hell out of it every steet, any every other time you flop top 2 in a $1.10
Old 07-17-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His min raise sort of ended up blokcing me on the end. I folded.

A lot of replies mentioned CO limping range. I'd like to hear them if you have the time. I would include Ax up to A8, PP 22 up to 77, low paint, suited connectors. Anything stronger doesn't limp.

So his range has sets, and SD in there, not just a weaker 2 pair or naked A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a read his range is practically any two cards. Once you get this far you cannot ever fold this on the river. You're getting 4:1 and a good portion of your stack is already in the pot. You only need to be ahead 20% of the time for the call to be breakeven.

[ QUOTE ]
I should have done at least 1/2 pot. I put out less to see if I had any naked A's playing with me

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest mistakes made in these low buy-in tournaments are people calling when they shouldn't. The way to take advantage of this is not to get tricky and trap but to bet, bet, and bet some more. Naked A's are paying you off here so build the pot fast.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you also say there should be a higher flop bet if there are no two spades on the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played at UB in years but don't they still have a bet pot button? If so, betting 1/2 to 3/4 pot shouldn't particularly scare off most people. They should be fairly used to seeing full pot bets.