Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Running bad for UNL guys

[ QUOTE ]
my tilt becomes exponentially worse

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that tilt is a bitch. I often do it when i 6/9 table, which it does affect your winrates. I can't strike that up to variance though.

[ QUOTE ]
being numb has to do with retaining confidence even after very bad runs of luck

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree with that 100%, but I don't think that's numb. Staying confident is very important especially after putting in a losing session/sessions

[ QUOTE ]
If you play better when your scared then you should be playing a tighter game then you normally play b/c you spew too much playing laggier styles.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's very true and why players play better at higher levels because the money means more. I feel if you get "comfortable/numb" at a level, you start playing complacent/laggy.

I like the response post a lot. You make solid points in the response post. When I read your initial post, I took numb to mean comfortable. I think you nailed it the second time with CONFIDENCE.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:50 PM

yummy, I love lunch boxes. just had lunch as a matter of fact.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:51 PM

this is what I mean by "numb"

early in my poker career when I was a higher stakes reg at pokerroom, I lost a 700bb pot against a huge monkey at 1000nl when I got it in almost golden. I had AJ on a rainbox K Q 10 flop, $ in on the flop, he had AA... Turn K River K........ GG dex, 7k pot. I picked up one of my 20 inch dells and threw it through a wall. I was nowhere near "numb" at that point in time. I would be upset about that hand no matter what limit, but at the time I couldn't even think about playing poker for like 2 weeks. If that was at nl50, I would simply probably say a few cuss words and then just get back to playing, that is being emotionally "numb"... knowing I got the best of it but ran bad, and be able to keep playing, although depending on how my session was going, and if the fish was gonna stick around, I may take a 20 or 30 minute break.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The dimensions of the "box" in your avatar look a bit questionable - if anything, it looks like more of a luck trapezoid. Maybe that's what you were going for.

[/ QUOTE ]

boxes can be any dimension. I believe you're thinking of a cube .

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 PM

A ten buy-in downswing is NOT normal variance. Not saying it isn't out of the question, but far too many people are quick to blame variance for downswings like this. I think most of them simply aren't playing well.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 PM

a trapezoid is only two dimensions as well.

Fwiw, a cube is a square in the xy,yz,zx planes.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:09 PM

What about a rhomboid?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A ten buy-in downswing is NOT normal variance. Not saying it isn't out of the question, but far too many people are quick to blame variance for downswings like this. I think most of them simply aren't playing well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some news for you. The people on this forum for the main part (well, myself at least) suck at poker. That's why they are playing microlimits.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some news for you. The people on this forum for the main part (well, myself at least) suck at poker. That's why they are playing microlimits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they are trying to build a bankroll.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they are trying to build a bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.
Most people here arent super at poker but they are atleast trying to get better by just visiting the forum.
I'm pretty sure EVERYONE at uNL can beat these limits on the long run if they try cause you all gotta agree: they play at low stakes is TERRIBLE!
Closed Thread