Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: poker and starcarft

[ QUOTE ]
Magic: the Gathering <--> Poker is a much stronger correlation as far as I'm concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-12-2007, 07:39 AM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

[ QUOTE ]
Several of the best Warcraft II players are now poker pros as well, myself included. Here are a few I can think of off the top of my head :

Tillerman
INcinerate
Yah'mon
Nedrology
Ywfn.

It is obviously not a coincidence. Anyone with a background in strategy games has a great foundation for poker. There's no way I would be where I am today without that training ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to play a lot on Kali back in the mid-90's. Are YWfn and INcinerate's SN's public?

Never heard of Nedrology or Yah'mon.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
css correction, I talked about the similarities between poker and cs and other strat/action games. But I'm top 5% in strike and maybe top 20%in the poker world, Just moving the mouse and making quick decisions with a variety of options will help in any other endeavor. The challenge is what does it to me for poker, all my cs time now goes to poker. It's the live competition and the "do not pass go and collect $200 dollars" that poker is with playing with straight cash.

I've been on a sng binge just because it's more exciting, I came back to full ring and played great.

ANyways, poker + computer games = evolution

[/ QUOTE ]

what CSS teams did/do you play for and whats your alias?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:36 PM

RainKhan is another example. AKA the guy who PStars claimed was a bot for playing 20+ SnGs at once on a single laptop monitor.

Screw StarCraft though, it's all about former Street Fighter players taking over.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Screw StarCraft though, it's all about former Street Fighter players taking over.

[/ QUOTE ]

four fierce guile combo for the unexploitable. lol i actually bought an SF2 (hyper fighting) arcade machine for my basement. you do know being a street fighter player dates us, right?

very interesting topic here. do teenagers these days even play video games anymore as opposed to playing online poker?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:55 PM

Not really many teenagers around anymore. Every year we have tournaments and gatherings and it's pretty much the same group of people as before, not nearly as many new people as there used to be.

Street Fighter just doesn't play well online. Even a little bit of lag ruins the game, so kids these days just play other types of games.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Magic: the Gathering <--> Poker is a much stronger correlation as far as I'm concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a HUGE Starcraft addict and when I wasn't playing SC, I was a HUGE magic the gathering addict. I think Dario Minieri and Action Jeff both played competitive magic before poker.

Now, I just play poker and SC on the side when I'm bored. Haven't touched MTG in a while.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Several of the best Warcraft II players are now poker pros as well, myself included. Here are a few I can think of off the top of my head :

Tillerman
INcinerate
Yah'mon
Nedrology
Ywfn.

It is obviously not a coincidence. Anyone with a background in strategy games has a great foundation for poker. There's no way I would be where I am today without that training ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will keep this short and mannered as possible because I dont wanna get banned.

1. Tillerman is the only good person on that list. Everyone else sucks and half of them are wc2 people i think or nobodies, including incin. is only half decent and all the pros think he sucks. Who the hell are you? You suck at wc3 and poker.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:20 AM

gettin ling rushed by comps when im Terran LIFE TILTS me HARD!
Old 07-17-2007, 07:21 AM

i really think we gonna have to make a 2p2 clan lol