Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 09:06 PM

Default 2-5 at the venetian, AQ on A 9 4 flop

this be my very first hand at the table. its like 9 in the morning. im in the ten seat so i cant see [censored].

BTN (young twenties fratty white kid): $700
SB (young asian guy): $400
BB (young twenties fratty white kid): $800
UTG
UTG+1
MP1
MP2
MP3 (middle aged asian guy): $1300
CO (i be in the cutoff): $240 (i shortstack when i first sit down then buy more chips as play dictates--savvy veteran move)

i get dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3 folds, MP3 calls, i call (feel free to hate on my call), BTN RAISES TO $25, SB calls, BB calls, MP3 calls, i call.

flop:

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, I check, BTN bets $75, two folds, MP3 calls, I raise all in for another $140.

was this the right move? does it become the right move if im pretty sure i saw a jack when MP3 was looking at his cards?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: 2-5 at the venetian, AQ on A 9 4 flop

Obviously not optimal play, but for a first hand I like it a lot. If you win, you have a stack, and if you lose you have a rep as an agro-donk and wil get action for a little while. Your hand is so underrepresented your last action is a fold or shove, and I think you're good here more often than not.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this be my very first hand at the table. its like 9 in the morning. im in the ten seat so i cant see [censored].

was this the right move? does it become the right move if im pretty sure i saw a jack when MP3 was looking at his cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you cant see [censored], howd you see a jack? Dont go buy..I think it was a jack...not to mention, just because you beat him, doesnt mean you beat the button.
But, since you are shortstacked, looks like your gonna triple up here IMO. Good hand. Fratty kid better not turn over AK, and no jack, no jack, no jack.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:49 AM

result: button folds, mp3 calls with aj, me win 315 lol poker so simpo.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:14 AM

I hate your preflop call. But I love your flop CRAI. nh.

BTW, I just started shortstacking the live 2/5 today. Some guy isolated my AA with his AQ. I love it.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 AM

for all the hate on shortstacking in this forum, it can be the best decision in certain games. if theres a lot of action preflop, your "eff this im all in" with AA gets called like 80% of the time if you only have like 50-60 bbs. live anyway.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for all the hate on shortstacking in this forum, it can be the best decision in certain games. if theres a lot of action preflop, your "eff this im all in" with AA gets called like 80% of the time if you only have like 50-60 bbs. live anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Plus, you can add anytime you want. Like when the fish doubles up...time to add more monies!!