Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Venetian CEO Poker Tournament Main Event Furor

What's a "Stepford"? A player who won't challenge authority? I saw the old movie.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:20 AM

LOL I talked with some girl at the CEO Poker Tour booth at the WSOP Expo. She was telling me that "90% of the participants in our tournaments are executives in a company." I was like "uhh... I was there today... 90% of them were degen poker players I've been playing with for two weeks." She was like "I can assure you that the majority of the participants on the CEO Poker Tour are executives of a company - even though the events are open to all players." I said, "umm, you're lying to me, they're not mostly executives," and walked away.

I assume there's a decent chance that the girl I talked to is Maria from this thread. Even though she's at best stupid and, at worst, a con-artist, I think it's kinda funny that some woman was able to piss off this many people in a male-dominated realm.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's a "Stepford"? A player who won't challenge authority? I saw the old movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stepford = a robot with no brain.

Who else would stand in line to pay $2150+450?

(Great thread, everybody!)
Old 07-17-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL I talked with some girl at the CEO Poker Tour booth at the WSOP Expo. She was telling me that "90% of the participants in our tournaments are executives in a company." I was like "uhh... I was there today... 90% of them were degen poker players I've been playing with for two weeks." She was like "I can assure you that the majority of the participants on the CEO Poker Tour are executives of a company - even though the events are open to all players." I said, "umm, you're lying to me, they're not mostly executives," and walked away.

I assume there's a decent chance that the girl I talked to is Maria from this thread. Even though she's at best stupid and, at worst, a con-artist, I think it's kinda funny that some woman was able to piss off this many people in a male-dominated realm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes ,that girl was Maria Gomez,the President of CEO Poker TOUR.From what else I have dug up,it seems just she and CEO William,are the ONLY employees/shareholders of the company.There might be some "shell/silent partners" involved that I am unaware of,but nothing would surprise me at this point

If anyone else can help me dig up/furnish anymore dirty laundry on these two,events,personal contacts,e-mails,AIM copies,etc.,it will certainly help the cause.

I dont want to attack this half-assed,and want to be completely armed and prepared for "the one only knows excuses" that will obviously follow.It is quite IRONIC however,that since I posted my FIRST letter to them here on 2+2,they have DISAPPEARED,and most likely on legal counsels advice.

I am NOT going to let this rest,as I was now told from another AC participant,that the satelites they(CEO Tour at the TAJ) ran prior to the event were even WORSE money/seat wise with regard to the # of seats awarded to the Main Event vs. collected fees.I dont know how to locate/find this type of info regarding Satellites,so anyone involved with this fiasco please help me out,as I will get this thing rolling with a vengeance

This is beyond criminal to me!

~stephen feraca [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-17-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
StePheN I applA!!ud your Rh3ttoric adn ,,,,hope you khan F00LOWZ THREw!!! w//ith what youHave staTEd here. WE PReciate it!!!

~~~Blue,,,,,man

[/ QUOTE ]

Blueman,you PM'ed me for help(actually offering me a reward,,,lol) the other day about this situation,and now you have to make a JACKASS of yourself when I make an attempt to help out?

There are just TOO MANY [censored] [censored] on this site to ever take anything seriously.Its just a waste of time.

~stephen feraca
Old 07-17-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
StePheN I applA!!ud your Rh3ttoric adn ,,,,hope you khan F00LOWZ THREw!!! w//ith what youHave staTEd here. WE PReciate it!!!

~~~Blue,,,,,man

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you 12? Good to see you flunked out of 3rd grade.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

~~~Blue,,,,,man

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't advocate banning but I'm starting to lean that way when I read crap like this.

One of the few times this forum could possibly result in someone at least providing full disclosure as to how much players are going to be gouged and you have to giggle yourself silly and post this nonsense.

No ban but maybe your your parent's will run Net Nanny and block your access to this site.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

~~~Blue,,,,,man

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't advocate banning but I'm starting to lean that way when I read crap like this.

One of the few times this forum could possibly result in someone at least providing full disclosure as to how much players are going to be gouged and you have to giggle yourself silly and post this nonsense.

No ban but maybe your your parent's will run Net Nanny and block your access to this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks grdred944,

While we ALL like to have some fun on this forum,as I have learned in more ways than one,we as poker players,cannot stand for SCAMS such as these,or this money making venue will DIE!

When I offer my time,services,experience,ears,etc, to help the cause,and I get the 75% JACKASS response like above via forum as well as PM responses,,,,,,,,,,,it truly take's the desire for me to go foward.

And BELIEVE me,I am not in this for the money,as so much the principle of catching the CON!

Thanks,
~stephen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 01:39 PM

Stephen,
Have you tried contacting the WPA?
Closed Thread