Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: 4b 99 pf now what?

When he calls you preflop you are beat, he would shove/fold AK and call/shove TT+. You are bluffing cause he is never folding worse and you are praying he folds TT or something.

I really hate your attitude too, this hand is basic, postflop is a joke you made all your decisions pre-flop even though you don't seem to realize it.

Is villian ever folding here? He put himself in a position that he will call with any bet after calling your 4-bet preflop, cause of stack sizes. The second he calls preflop you are toast, the flop is a check-fold.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:49 PM

Too tired to do the math, but this is highly likely -ev postflop. How many times have you seen someone call a 4bet and then fold postflop for 1 buy-in. I would be surprised if players at this level would get away from an underpair.

On another note...this is total spew preflop. If you feel like you are far ahead of his range, that is a good reason to call and c/c or c/r alot of flops. 4-betting simply allows him to get away from his garbage and stack you when he has a hand.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, are you guys missing something. Villians 3b range is horribly wide, I am a huge favorite against it and am OOP so I 4bet to try and take pot down now. This is the third time he has 3b me this session, the first time ive 4b and hes called. The question was never about my 4b preflop it was about the postflop play. I wanted more input on a line after that flop. Since I have less than a pot sized bet its either AI, or c/c, or c/f. And when you say "it is obvious OP is bluffing" I think this is wrong. I play AA/any K/set the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno if people are going to make any more serious responses, but if we think we're ahead of his 3bet range and oop, with these stack sizes, and decide to 4bet, shouldn't it be AI so we don't have this decision on the flop(if we even get there with his wide 3 bet range)?

even with a wide 3bet range, he has to have a pretty narrow 4bet calling range I would think, and this doesn't seem like a good flop against that range. so maybe c/f if we get to this flop like this.

sorry if my thoughts seem a little jumbled, just kind of thinking and typing...
Old 07-16-2007, 11:57 PM

K, so lets be results oriented for a second. Like I said before villian has an EXTREMELY light 3b range which I am way ahead of. Instead of calling and being OOP this hand with 99 I decide to 4bet. I think this is a lot better than calling his 3b. I feel like I made the correct preflop play and was merely trying to get a feel on how the rest of u play postflop. It seems all of you are fans of c/f which I still think is bad. And by calling a 3b here being OOP we are playing for set odds when we are ahead of his range ATM. I believe in ABC poker against unknowns but this particular case he is not an unknown. Just to show you how light his three bet range is I provide you results.

Dealt to RebuyFoolAA [9d 9c]
RebuyFoolAA: raises $1.50 to $2
dirtyhardy: folds
PiS.Romeo: raises $5 to $7
1iONU: folds
Aliante: folds
CDXX leaves the table
RebuyFoolAA: raises $14 to $21
PiS.Romeo: calls $14
*** FLOP *** [3s 4d Ks]
RebuyFoolAA: bets $33.40 and is all-in
PiS.Romeo: calls $33.40
*** TURN *** [3s 4d Ks] [6d]
*** RIVER *** [3s 4d Ks 6d] [Jd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RebuyFoolAA: shows [9d 9c] (a pair of Nines)
PiS.Romeo: shows [Kh Js] (two pair, Kings and Jacks)

Maybe postflop is bad, I dont think preflop is spewy as I stated that I am snapping off a 5bAI now. My attitude was only a little annoyed at getting some of the advice in parts of the hand I did not ask for.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, are you guys missing something. Villians 3b range is horribly wide, I am a huge favorite against it and am OOP so I 4bet to try and take pot down now. This is the third time he has 3b me this session, the first time ive 4b and hes called. The question was never about my 4b preflop it was about the postflop play. I wanted more input on a line after that flop. Since I have less than a pot sized bet its either AI, or c/c, or c/f. And when you say "it is obvious OP is bluffing" I think this is wrong. I play AA/any K/set the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

microstakes. 4 betting light at 50nl is the new lighting money on fire.

Also, you are a [censored] douchebag, dont post asking for advice then abuse the people giving you good advice.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:59 PM

4bet shoving >>>>> just 4betting

DUCY?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
K, so lets be results oriented for a second. Like I said before villian has an EXTREMELY light 3b range which I am way ahead of. Instead of calling and being OOP this hand with 99 I decide to 4bet. I think this is a lot better than calling his 3b. I feel like I made the correct preflop play and was merely trying to get a feel on how the rest of u play postflop. It seems all of you are fans of c/f which I still think is bad. And by calling a 3b here being OOP we are playing. for set odds when we are ahead of his range ATM. I believe in ABC poker against unknowns but this particular case he is not an unknown. Just to show you how light his three bet range is I provide you results.

Dealt to RebuyFoolAA [9d 9c]
RebuyFoolAA: raises $1.50 to $2
dirtyhardy: folds
PiS.Romeo: raises $5 to $7
1iONU: folds
Aliante: folds
CDXX leaves the table
RebuyFoolAA: raises $14 to $21
PiS.Romeo: calls $14
*** FLOP *** [3s 4d Ks]
RebuyFoolAA: bets $33.40 and is all-in
PiS.Romeo: calls $33.40
*** TURN *** [3s 4d Ks] [6d]
*** RIVER *** [3s 4d Ks 6d] [Jd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RebuyFoolAA: shows [9d 9c] (a pair of Nines)
PiS.Romeo: shows [Kh Js] (two pair, Kings and Jacks)

Maybe postflop is bad, I dont think preflop is spewy as I stated that I am snapping off a 5bAI now. My attitude was only a little annoyed at getting some of the advice in parts of the hand I did not ask for.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. how bout a wide range??lol

anyways, i still like calling pre and c/c or c/f depending on how you feel on the flop better than 4betAI, better than 4bet/open shove. sorry if you didn't want preflop help, just throwing thoughts out there.

On a sidenote, what flops were you shoving? c/fing? c/cing?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4bet shoving >>>>> just 4betting

DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I didnt think about that til halfway through this post though.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:03 AM

I probably C/F A high flop and thats it. I was shoving any others.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

4 betting light at 50nl is the new lighting money on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

this made me lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]