Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Trop poker room in AC - decreasing in size

[ QUOTE ]
Anecdotal, I know, but I was there recently and noticed that it wasn't as busy as it used to be. Guess I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just there on Saturday night and it was not busy at all. No waiting list for any games, lots of open seats (my 1/2 NL table was 6 or 7 handed for most of the night) and this was from 9 to midnight on a saturday night.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anecdotal, I know, but I was there recently and noticed that it wasn't as busy as it used to be. Guess I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just there on Saturday night and it was not busy at all. No waiting list for any games, lots of open seats (my 1/2 NL table was 6 or 7 handed for most of the night) and this was from 9 to midnight on a saturday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped by Saturday afternoon around 4:30 and the room appeared less busy than usual.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 PM

similar 2 weekends ago, sat. night. at 1 point we played a few 5 handed with $2 rake while waiting for a broken game to come over. the lone brief moment of excitement was when some ass starting yelling "AND THATS WHY THIS IS THE WORST POKER ROOM IN AC!" marching out and slamming the back door by the bathrooms (aka slip and slide with urinals). anyone else see this guy? good times.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:42 PM

well the trop poker room basicly sucks anyway, its crowded small and has old tables/chips. i dont know why anyone still plays there
Old 07-16-2007, 11:57 PM

It's not that bad, but it definitely needs more light and cleaner bathrooms. The hold'em tables are kind of cramped in the little room back there, they don't need to waste all of that space.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well the trop poker room basicly sucks anyway, its crowded small and has old tables/chips. i dont know why anyone still plays there

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a big fan of the Trop, but these criticisms seem off base. The room is certainly not small...in fact they have far more room than they need (which I assume is why they are downsizing).

And the chips are definitely the best among the "big three". They are kind of dingy, but much cleaner than the Taj chips. And Borgata chips are the worst of all; they are clean, but have serious usability problems.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not that bad, but it definitely needs more light and cleaner bathrooms. The hold'em tables are kind of cramped in the little room back there, they don't need to waste all of that space.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol... This is why I like AC/Vegas... Many different poker rooms to choose from. I actually prefer the Trop because of the lighting and the fact there is a ton of TV's. The Taj is too bright for my taste.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And the chips are definitely the best among the "big three". They are kind of dingy, but much cleaner than the Taj chips. And Borgata chips are the worst of all; they are clean, but have serious usability problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in my experience there. Their chips were alot dirtier than at the Taj. I've yet to play at Borgota so I can't comment on their chips.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Their chips were alot dirtier than at the Taj

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware that anything was dirtier than the Taj chips.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:39 AM

Since last year, the Trop chips have gotten dirtier and the Taj cleaner. Seems the whole place is the same way - the Trop dingier now and the Taj brighter and nicer now than it was about a year and a half ago.