Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Ask a debt collector?

[ QUOTE ]
How do you live with yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]
There are some people I feel bad for however most of the debtors I come in contact with have the oppurtunity to fix their situation but choose not to.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Is viralmarketing one of the biggest [censored] up stories you have heard? Oh no? You've heard worse! Do tell!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 04:50 PM

what's having a horrible job like?
Old 07-16-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread inpired me. I'm new to the forum so take it easy!!!
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

I have been a debt collector for several companies. Anything from car loans/mortgage loans to 3rdpaty unsecured debt.
gogogo!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

im head of household in florida, can my wages get garnished from a debtor thank u sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude. I guess I coulda answered your thread. I am almost certain they can. Head of household has nothing to do w/it. Laws vary from state to state.
Somewhere around 25% of your wages can be garnished in most states. They will have to obtain a judgement first. Is it with a 3rd party agency or still being collected by the original lender?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Florida Statutes protect from garnishment wages of a person who is head of household. The amount of wages protected is unlimited. A person is head of household if he provides more than 50% of the support of another person. The public policy of this statute is to protect dependents of the family’s biggest wage earner.
(08:43:35 PM) splagic: Which means i call BS on you being a debt collector
(08:43:39 PM) splagic: write both peices

(08:44:07 PM) splagic: Florida Statute 222.11
Old 07-16-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's the sneakiest thing you have ever done.

[/ QUOTE ]
So many of them. One time I called someones house and was told they were at an amusement park. I had them paged over the loud speaker that they had an emergency call.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't this illegal? it should be

[/ QUOTE ]
YES!!! That is prolly the worst I have done. I have heard crazy thing. Collectors telling people that the police will arrest them or there is somebody outside of their house....crazy thing people say
Old 07-16-2007, 04:59 PM

I had a series of questions, most of which were rather rude and belittled what you do, but I have decided to take the high rode and just ask one question.

WHY?
I mean, with the countless ways there are in this world to feed yourself, why on earth would you choose THAT?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a series of questions, most of which were rather rude and belittled what you do, but I have decided to take the high rode and just ask one question.

WHY?
I mean, with the countless ways there are in this world to feed yourself, why on earth would you choose THAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do have a point, based on your post the world obviously needs more 3rd grade English teachers.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh man, im happy about this thread

have you ever heard of a company called icsystem? they've called me twice in the past few months, collecting on "debts" i had no idea i had (both under $100, to some doctor). is this legit/standard? it felt weird because it was just some random dude calling over a phone claiming he was from this company and asking for my credit card number. should i be concerned?

[/ QUOTE ]
They wont tell you what doctor? How old is it. Does it appear on your credit? If its legit it was prolly bought by that agency purchased it. I imagine it's legit though.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh man, im happy about this thread

have you ever heard of a company called icsystem? they've called me twice in the past few months, collecting on "debts" i had no idea i had (both under $100, to some doctor). is this legit/standard? it felt weird because it was just some random dude calling over a phone claiming he was from this company and asking for my credit card number. should i be concerned?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are companies out there who will purchase up old debts for pennies on the dollar, then try to strongarm you into paying. DO NOT PAY ONE CENT. Two reasons:

1) If the debt is actually yours but too old to go on your credit report, paying anything towards it will put said debt back on the credit report. It is also seen as an admission that the debt is yours, which is case
2) Is bad. Sometimes these unscrupulous companies will but a debt that, say, a "D. Jones" owes and just call as many "D. Jones" as they can. As soon as you make one cent of payment, that debt becomes yours.

Be VERY concerned but if you ignore them they will go away. And never, ever give out your CC number over the phone LDO.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread inpired me. I'm new to the forum so take it easy!!!
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

I have been a debt collector for several companies. Anything from car loans/mortgage loans to 3rdpaty unsecured debt.
gogogo!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

im head of household in florida, can my wages get garnished from a debtor thank u sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude. I guess I coulda answered your thread. I am almost certain they can. Head of household has nothing to do w/it. Laws vary from state to state.
Somewhere around 25% of your wages can be garnished in most states. They will have to obtain a judgement first. Is it with a 3rd party agency or still being collected by the original lender?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Florida Statutes protect from garnishment wages of a person who is head of household. The amount of wages protected is unlimited. A person is head of household if he provides more than 50% of the support of another person. The public policy of this statute is to protect dependents of the family’s biggest wage earner.
(08:43:35 PM) splagic: Which means i call BS on you being a debt collector
(08:43:39 PM) splagic: write both peices

(08:44:07 PM) splagic: Florida Statute 222.11

[/ QUOTE ]

I was unaware of Florida law. I said it varies from state to state.