Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Early UFC 74/75 Lines

[ QUOTE ]
I gave my opinion on who would win on the fights. Yes the thread has been derailed but I'm not the only person making off topic posts here.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're the only person who clearly shouldn't be in this forum.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:17 PM

If I shouldn't be here then the Mod can tell me to leave. I gave my opinions on the fights and whether I personally make any wagers does not really matter. If people want to know who they should bet on then they can choose who to side with. If I make 1 wager for 1$ would that satisfy the requirement for posting in this thread?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I shouldn't be here then the Mod can tell me to leave. I gave my opinions on the fights and whether I personally make any wagers does not really matter. If people want to know who they should bet on then they can choose who to side with. If I make 1 wager for 1$ would that satisfy the requirement for posting in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, there's a big difference between picking the winner and picking out the best value.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you are bickering about semantics. There is a forum for people who want opinions on sporting events. In fact there was a separate forum for discussing fighting and the fighting arts for a period of time.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:34 PM

Then I'll wait for a thread to pop up in another forums I guess. This was the place with the most activity discussing MMA so this is where I came.

There is a difference between the two, but if you bet on purely who you thought would win I don't think you would do too poorly. The problem with betting on MMA is that there are very few good lines. Most of the time the favorite wins and unless you are using a lot of money per unit, you won't win much.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:35 PM

Thanks, Thremp.

-P
Old 07-16-2007, 06:12 PM

i challenge mr.biggums to 10k hu play-money mma handicapping contest for his entire fantasy br.

if that's not enough, i'm also down for some play-money hu no limit holdem freeze-out on ub
Old 07-16-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i challenge mr.biggums to 10k hu play-money mma handicapping contest for his entire fantasy br.

if that's not enough, i'm also down for some play-money hu no limit holdem freeze-out on ub

[/ QUOTE ]

but only til' 7pm b/c my mom doesn't allow me to play after dinner..
Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 PM

I like Biggums, but he is wrong in the fact that picking fights in some free fantasy forum is the same as betting a couple hundo on them. It is completely different ballpark.

The term is true, put your money where your mouth is, cause unless it's against your moral beliefs, to not put your money where your mouth would be just stupid if you really were confident in your knowledge.

Maybe this is a wakeup call for him, if he really is the [censored] at picks, maybe do the smart thing and make some scrilla.

If you don't bet, don't advertise your genius here.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:56 PM

Much of the noise in these UFC threads could be removed with a "rumored UFC signings" thread that bumps often in sporting events....

But carry on... for my part I think I see better arguements and thinking on the fighting itself from many posters in this forum (let alone the actual $$$$ aspect)