Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Beat : Giving a Eulogy

I think im just gonna say he appreciated them being with him the last month or so.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should also add that his family are a fundamental Christians (aka psychopaths) and that as soon as he died they began to yell at his wife and intentionally hurt her feelings. In the eulogy I was planning on saying things about his wife, his friends from home and then college, and just leave out his family. I was pretty close with them before the nite he died, but I was very angry for their disrespect of their sons wife, and it would be hard for me to say anything positive about their relationship with their son at this time. You think thats okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta mention his family. You don't have to pay homage to them but you should acknowledge them in a respectful way. The funeral service is not the place to grind your axe.

Be there for his wife afterward and protect her from these idiots.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:48 PM

Tell a couple of stories about what a cool guy he was... maybe one where he did something really funny, and one where he showed what a good guy he was.

Then tell the people how important he was to you, and the difference he made in your life, why you're lucky to have been his friend.

Try to focus on what a great life he had and what a great friend he was, and not on the sadness.

Also, a eulogy is not the time to air grudges, unless you are Princess Diana's brother and you are being broadcast worldwide with a chance to tell the royals to F off. You don't have to praise the family, but don't go out of your way to take a shot at them either.