Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: I\'m canadian on party, way to avoid the exchange rate?

[ QUOTE ]
Open up a US$ Bank account at your bank. Use that account to receive withdrawals from Party. If you really don't like getting screwed by the exchange rates of the banks then goto a currency exchange store that offers a better rate when you withdraw US$ from your bank and then redeposit into your Cdn$ bank account.

It's a bit of work, but you can save a bit of money doing it this way.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Lawrence, can you give an example of a "currency exchange store" that offers a better rate than typical banks? I always thought those currency exchange places charge even more to make money exchanges than banks do.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Open up a US$ Bank account at your bank. Use that account to receive withdrawals from Party. If you really don't like getting screwed by the exchange rates of the banks then goto a currency exchange store that offers a better rate when you withdraw US$ from your bank and then redeposit into your Cdn$ bank account.

It's a bit of work, but you can save a bit of money doing it this way.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Lawrence, can you give an example of a "currency exchange store" that offers a better rate than typical banks? I always thought those currency exchange places charge even more to make money exchanges than banks do.

[/ QUOTE ]

This involves a little bit of hunting, but basically you go around to different currency exchange stores and compare the rates. My bank usually gives a -2.7% difference in exchange compared to the XE.com rate. There are a couple of stores in Vancouver that are only -1% different from XE. So that means I save about 1.7%. The only minor hassle is getting all the cash in US$, taking it to the store, converting it to Cdn$ and then redepositing.

Lawrence
Old 07-16-2007, 03:32 PM

How do you recieve funds in US from Party? I What method do you use? I thought you could only do EFTs in CDN $?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you recieve funds in US from Party? I What method do you use? I thought you could only do EFTs in CDN $?

[/ QUOTE ]

I originally had my funds in Cdn$, then I set up a US$ bank account, emailed their support and VIP team and request all funds be withdrawn in US$ to my US$ bank account. They changed it for me.

Lawrence
Old 07-16-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This involves a little bit of hunting, but basically you go around to different currency exchange stores and compare the rates. My bank usually gives a -2.7% difference in exchange compared to the XE.com rate. There are a couple of stores in Vancouver that are only -1% different from XE. So that means I save about 1.7%. The only minor hassle is getting all the cash in US$, taking it to the store, converting it to Cdn$ and then redepositing.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition, TD Canada Trust offers a "Borderless" USD account in which you get about 0.6% off their normal vig for currency exchange, so the vig drops to about 1.6% from about 2.2% normally.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:10 AM

I also opened a US dollar account, and I sent an email to info@partypoker.com requesting the ability to cash out EFT's in USD. Here is the response I got.

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

Kindly note that our system is completely automated and unfortunately,
we cannot process the cashouts in a particular currency. Also, even if
you request for a cashout in CAD to USD bank account, your bank will
consider the prevailing exchange rates and make the necessary
conversion.

How do I go about contacting my VIP host? I am a member of the A club.

thanks in advance

PM