Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Looking to turn my life around

[ QUOTE ]
6'4''. My goal has always been 200. Off to the gym, guys. Will be posting measurements and pics this afternoon. Thanks for the interest, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

200 is pretty low, if you are carrying much muscle around. I mean, I looked very skinny at 175 and a hair short of 6'2". Like, point at his arms and legs and laugh skinny. You sure you aren't going too far with your goals?

P.S.: I think for guys especially, your goal should be athletic, or at least to be in shape, and let the weight be wherever it falls naturally.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:15 PM

I agree with Blarg on this.

I wish you the best of luck in changing your physique but I'd really caution you not to let the scale be the judge. As a guy who is your height and walks around at 245/250 I'd tell you that it depends how much muscle you're carrying and what general build you're going for. 200 may seem like a nice number but on you could very well make you look somewhat stickish and be smaller than your own definition of an athletic desirable build.

If you're talking about simple aesthetics I think most people, male and female, would suggest that guys look better when they look like they're physically capable/have muscle as opposed to going for "human stick". And if you're going for any degree of performance or even health I would think the benefits of a muscular and low fat physique, regardless of exact poundage, is obvious.

Again, best of luck, read all the FAQs and do your best, you sound committed to this and I think you'll do really well.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Blarg on this.

I wish you the best of luck in changing your physique but I'd really caution you not to let the scale be the judge. As a guy who is your height and walks around at 245/250 I'd tell you that it depends how much muscle you're carrying and what general build you're going for. 200 may seem like a nice number but on you could very well make you look somewhat stickish and be smaller than your own definition of an athletic desirable build.

If you're talking about simple aesthetics I think most people, male and female, would suggest that guys look better when they look like they're physically capable/have muscle as opposed to going for "human stick". And if you're going for any degree of performance or even health I would think the benefits of a muscular and low fat physique, regardless of exact poundage, is obvious.

Again, best of luck, read all the FAQs and do your best, you sound committed to this and I think you'll do really well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Brock Strasser on T-nation well... It was T-mag at the time wrote something about this. It got skewed into how ladies loved it more that he was 175 with 5-6% BF instead of 200 with like 12% BF and he was also juiced out of his gourd. But I think the integral point remains. There is a healthy medium of size + low fat that remains attractive to all people.