Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
Just to be 100% Safe, PokerStars is OK with this program and people using it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't on the official "ok" list yet but I have spoken briefly with Alex at Stars and it seems that nothing I am doing would put it on the banned list and I will obviously work with them and keep it that way.

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I have noticed is that I can't find it in my Program list on the start menu (Vista Ultimate)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for letting me know - not sure why the installer did not add it but I'll look into it.

[ QUOTE ]
what was the final list for supported sites for Beta 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars / Party / Full Tilt. Will add many more later but not until things are closer to being ready.

[ QUOTE ]

what i mean is this: i created an alias called hero and added my screenname on stars and party and fulltilt to it. no problem.

now that i select Hero as Player, is there any way to filter both the stars and party hands but without the fulltilt hands? -> is there a way to filter by pokersite other than using the original screennames?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you can have each of your aliases appear as seperate line items in the reports. I'll explain how tonight (need to do it myself first so I explain it right)

[ QUOTE ]
"Unhandled exception in the application... blah blah.

InvalidArgument=Value of 0 is invalid for parameter SelectedIndex

Seems like you're defaulting to a selected index of 0 for some dropdown? That's throwing an out of range exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok thanks - pretty sure it is regional setting related and I'll try to figure it out.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:45 PM

great product! love what I see so far

PT should be ashamed
Old 07-16-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just tried the following:

Exported a bunch of stars hands from PT, about 19k
Unzipped some datamined hands from Party

Tried importing them both.
It scanned all files and imported 0 hands.

You want a screenshot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I already fixes the Poker Tracker Stars export problem and I'm working on what might be the same problem you found with Party.

If you could send me one hand history of each to Tourneymgr@gmail.com I could make sure that the fix is in.

Thanks,

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I just tried exporting full tilt hands and loading those, same result, officially cant load any of my hand histories :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same here

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll hopefully get to the bottom of this today. What I know for sure is that the hand history files themselves are ok since one of the people having this problem was able to take the same HH's to a different pc and it worked.

The new version I release tonight (0.12b) will have some additional logging to try and help figure this out.

Thanks,

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

I had exactly the same problem with German regional settings, but when I changed the settings to english regional settings, the import worked without problems.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone help with installing PostgreSQL on Vista, I get error message 'user account cannot be created: access denied'
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Click your start button, then click in the search box (very bottom left text box). Type "cmd" and wait (DON'T PRESS ENTER!). Cmd.exe will show up on the left side of the start menu, right click Cmd.exe and choose "Run as administrator".

Then change directories to where you downloaded the install program (ie. "cd C:\users\yourusernamehere\Desktop" if you downloaded the program to your desktop.). Then type the name of the install program and press enter (ie. "HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi").

That should do it for you.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just tried the following:

Exported a bunch of stars hands from PT, about 19k
Unzipped some datamined hands from Party

Tried importing them both.
It scanned all files and imported 0 hands.

You want a screenshot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I already fixes the Poker Tracker Stars export problem and I'm working on what might be the same problem you found with Party.

If you could send me one hand history of each to Tourneymgr@gmail.com I could make sure that the fix is in.

Thanks,

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I just tried exporting full tilt hands and loading those, same result, officially cant load any of my hand histories :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same here

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll hopefully get to the bottom of this today. What I know for sure is that the hand history files themselves are ok since one of the people having this problem was able to take the same HH's to a different pc and it worked.

The new version I release tonight (0.12b) will have some additional logging to try and help figure this out.

Thanks,

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

I had exactly the same problem with German regional settings, but when I changed the settings to english regional settings, the import worked without problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just saved me a ton of time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I still need to get it working with other regional settings though but thanks for hopefully identifying the problem.

rvg
Old 07-16-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager - Bug Report

Bug Report
----------

Windows regional setting: German

From original PP HH files containing ~15000 hands, I got ~2500 error msg during import.
TThe rest of the hands got imported. But now if I search for my name or ANY name HH finds nothing. Even searches with *c (for example) have no results.

"Fix": Changing windows reginal setting to US (like PT does)

I let the 179 HH files imported again. Result:

For most of the files i got the message: Duplicated file skiped.
Around 20 files HM tried to import again. Most were: (0 importet, 0 duplicated, 0 errors)
Just from one file HM imported 4 hands.

Now with (US reginal setting) HM founded my name. But if i run report or anything else, I only get stats for these 4 hands.

Obviously the Hands that i import under german reginal settings are "lost" in the database.

I will try to figure out how to delete the HM Database and try to import all hands new under US setting ans post the result.

Update:

Del of the HM Database can easly done by PT (Postgres database functions) for those, who have no experience with pgADMIM like me ;-)
Old 07-16-2007, 02:51 PM

Hey RVG, How about setting up a mailing list I can join so when this comes out I can go ahead and buy it? Also, you mentioned a $10 discount if you purchased it the first week. If you own TM will you get another discount on top of that?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:59 PM

few quickies

-mentioned previously, but wtsd% #s are not correct under the showdown filter. the numbers are inaccurate and when you hover over them the raw #s don't even match the % listed. e.g. wtsd%: 57.4%/raw #s 1147/5309

-please include "cbet% in position" and "cbet% out of position" under the players tab. same for "fold to cbet".
Old 07-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Downloaded and Installed HM Beta 0.11b effortlessly (already had Postgres 8.0.0 and NET framework). Took some effort to locate the Postgres password, but found it in the registry. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Started HM and and began "import from folder". (I exported all my Stars and FT hands from PT last night to a "special" folder for this.) HM started importing right away.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It has been running 18 minutes and has imported 67 of 1732 files for a total of 19,471 hands. No duplicates, so far, and only 53 import errors. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

HM is using less than 5% of my CPU and Postgres is using approx. 35-45%. (I run XP Pro on a 4.3Ghz HT CPU and 2 Gig RAM.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My estimated Time Remaining is 7 Hours 29 Minutes, and the Hands per second has crept downward from 23.2 to 18.1. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I tried to stop HM, to move some of the files and reduce to import quantity, but HM said it could not stop in the middle of an export. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I guess I have a while till I can play around with this. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I'm SURE that the wait will be worth it. HM sounds amazing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

edited to add: version number
Old 07-16-2007, 03:16 PM

another suggestion..

i'd like to look at things like, "how often people fold to me after i 3bet the flop all-in". general filters that showed me how often people fold to my cbets or river bets would be helpful [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

re: kotkis' suggestion, i'd rather display the median and standard deviation for each stat under the "player" tab. median cbet % and sd of cbet% for top 100 winners with >5000 hands, for example.