Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Aggressive BR management strategy + site to try on?

No its not realistic. You are starting at around 500 I assume? You need to get to 4000 to be rolled for 200nl...do you see the issue with this? Try to get properly rolled for just 100nl this month and youll have had one heck of a month.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:36 AM

that chris ferguson thing is awesome, i remember starting a thread about that at another forum ages ago but i didn't think he was actually DOING it for real.

when i saw him playing 50/1 tables at FTP the other night i was like OMG he is still doing it!

can you imagine the accomplishment if he can manage to do this?

i've tried turning $1 into a big roll numerous times following the tips he talks about but i just dont know how someone with that much money can do it.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No its not realistic. You are starting at around 500 I assume? You need to get to 4000 to be rolled for 200nl...do you see the issue with this? Try to get properly rolled for just 100nl this month and youll have had one heck of a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I figure with the amount of hands im playing each day (3kish most likely), 2 buy-ins a day (averaged over the month) is very very doable. With that in mind, I would have 20 buy-ins for 200 nl at the end of the month - $4k. And yes, I would be starting with $500. I should add in, I also play the 400 FPP rebuy and 500 FPP satellites into sunday million so if I add in 4 wins total for a month I think it should make reaching nl 200 by the end of the month quite easy to accomplish.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:16 PM

craggoo if you think its easy then dont ask us... if poker were that easy then there wouldnt be a microstakes forum.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:42 PM

LAG style at 25 NL really isn't the optimal play. Too many people go over board 3betting light from the blinds when they don't even have a read on their villain. This is to be avoided.

In my opinion, a 22/20 or 20/18 sytle is perfect. Some might consider this lag, but I consider it solid play.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:44 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Does any one think that you may need a bigger BR than 20BI if you are 6 - 9 tableing. I play 25NL and 50NL (4 - 12 tables) and have a br of over 80BI for 25NL, mabye im just a nit

[/ QUOTE ]

80bi for 25NL is crazy. At least move up to 50NL.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that chris ferguson thing is awesome, i remember starting a thread about that at another forum ages ago but i didn't think he was actually DOING it for real.

when i saw him playing 50/1 tables at FTP the other night i was like OMG he is still doing it!

can you imagine the accomplishment if he can manage to do this?

i've tried turning $1 into a big roll numerous times following the tips he talks about but i just dont know how someone with that much money can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a FTP pro. They get 35 dollars an hour and full rakeback just to play...so yeah, he is grinding, but it's at a larger hourly rate than you'd think.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LAG style at 25 NL really isn't the optimal play. Too many people go over board 3betting light from the blinds when they don't even have a read on their villain. This is to be avoided.

In my opinion, a 22/20 or 20/18 sytle is perfect. Some might consider this lag, but I consider it solid play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 22/18 is closer to optimal as the other 2% should be decent hands called in position rather than 3bet aggainst certain villains.... especially those prone to stacking off with over pairs without much $ in the pot
Old 07-16-2007, 02:04 PM

I think its realistic with the amount of hands your talking about playing, of course you'll have to run decent

a good site to start at would be absolute, simply b/c you can buy in for 200bb and people are super bad deep especially at 25nl and 50nl...... so you winrate will be higher, also, 30% rakeback and good bonuses.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:06 PM

Ftp has a rakeback, bonus, and looser games.

self explanatory.

dont rush your BR just make +Ev plays and the $ will come.