Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: OOT weekly thread: minor things that infuriate you

[ QUOTE ]
When i'm in line to get on the airplane and everyone's cramming forward like they're fleeing the Titanic and hitting me with their carry-on bag and stepping on the back of my feet. The plane isn't leaving without you. Relax and back the hell off.

[/ QUOTE ]

one of my first jobs was working at a small residential treatment facility. i took one of the patients who had schizophrenia to dallas for a dallas cowboys game and we flew. when he was out of his comfort zone he got agitated and let people know it. btw, this guy was around 40 and a typical NY guy with the accent, chains and rings and i was a nerdy 22 yo.

the trip started off badly and i could tell he was agitated so i let everyone board the plane first and figured we'd get on last so we wouldnt have to deal w/ people. we finally got on the plane but we had to shuffle w/ the crowd step by step to get to the last two seats in the very back of the plane.

jimmie started to get agitated that it appeared the line wasnt moving. only a few steps on the aisle he addressed the woman standing in front of him "move it bitch". then very indignantly he would say to the passengers sitting down, "this bitch wont move out of my way. can you believe it?" then he'd swing around to tell the other passengers on the other aisle and hit the people in the head w/ his carry on bag.

he must have called that woman a bitch a dozen times. for confidentially reasons i couldnt tell the passengers on the plane why he was behaving like that. i finally compromised and said "jimmie, that's not how we act in public" so people would at least know something was amiss. that ranks up there as one of the most embarrassed times ive ever been.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:14 PM

lol. Sounds like a good SNL skit.

Hilarious. Saying "Can you believe this B)&amp*?" (who is being normal), while you are whacking bystanders in the head (not normal).
Old 07-13-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who back into parking spaces for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is always a reason to back into a parking space. It's so we don't have to back out. I do it all the time. Gets the tough part of parking out of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is occassionally idiotic because it's much easier to back out into an open space (the parking lot) than it is to back into a smaller space between 2 cars, assuming that's what's being attempted.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:00 PM

Exclamation marks annoy me when used at the end of trivial sentences!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who back into parking spaces for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is always a reason to back into a parking space. It's so we don't have to back out. I do it all the time. Gets the tough part of parking out of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is occassionally idiotic because it's much easier to back out into an open space (the parking lot) than it is to back into a smaller space between 2 cars, assuming that's what's being attempted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if there's traffic.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

people who walk 3+ abreast taking up the whole sidewalk. it is particularly annoying when I am coming up behind a group like this and there is a lot of traffic. if I am jogging and can't cut over into the street I'll frequently jump over or onto something (stairs, planter) to get around them. I'm sure I have scared the hell out of a few people doing this and that makes me feel great.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's worse is when there are 3 abreast walking towards, and they decide that it's perfectly logical for them to remain in formation and force you into the street.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When i'm in line to get on the airplane and everyone's cramming forward like they're fleeing the Titanic and hitting me with their carry-on bag and stepping on the back of my feet. The plane isn't leaving without you. Relax and back the hell off.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about when you're waiting in line at the ticket counter and the person in front of you moves up one space. If you don't immediately bend over, pick up your bags, shuffle forward 2 feet, bend back down, put your bags on the floor, and then stand there like you just served your purpose in life, the person behind you ALWAYS JUST MOVES FORWARD ANYWAY until their bags touch you or you can feel them breathing down your neck.

WTF? It's a line. Pushing the people in front of you doesn't make the line move any faster.

Oh yeah. And those bastards that weave through the crowd at a concert 5 minutes before the main act comes on, and then stand in front of you even though you've been in that spot for both of the [censored] opening acts.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:55 PM

Older ladies on line at various stores (especially grocery stores) that sit there, wait for the total amount, and only then open up their purse and search for their money, which usually includes looking for coins.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:04 PM

Grocery cart blockery:

1. People who park their grocery carts in the middle of aisles so you can't get your cart by.

2. People who park their carts on the opposite side of the aisle close enough to another cart that you can't get your cart by.

3. People who do either of the above, see you coming with your cart, and make no effort to move their cart so you can get by.

P.S.: This happens in Home Depot all the time too. How could you not know that parking your cart that's filled with gigantic items spilling over the sides would NOT block an aisle when parked in the middle?

P.P.S.: Much love to the people who park their carts in the middle of the aisle and then leave the aisle to go shopping somewhere else.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Older ladies on line at various stores (especially grocery stores) that sit there, wait for the total amount, and only then open up their purse and search for their money, which usually includes writing a check.

[/ QUOTE ]