Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Any food alternatives for those super long sessions?

I recommend you try e-boost. I work with the company, we launched it at the WSOP Expo this year - so although my post's intentions are good its going to read a bit like an ad. I got clearance from the admin to post this first, care package of E-Boost coming your way Mat! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

E-Boost is a vitamin supplement ala Emergen-C or Airborne which helps keep your immune system strong while playing, but E-Boost is filled with over 4,000% of the daily recommended allowance of Vitamin B12 which really puts it over the top and gives the player an experiance similar to a B12 shot. Additionally it contains torine (found in Red Bull and other energy drinks for mental stimulation), no sugar and no added caffeine (it contains green tea leaf which has traces of caffeine but not enough to experiance a crash lie you do when drinking Rockstar, Red Bull, or any other energy drinks). During the month of July people can buy E-Boost on the website for 25% off using the code word poker, if you like e-boost I'd appreciate a PM letting me know!

PS: Wynn poker room has free samples of e-boost, just ask the floor!
Old 07-16-2007, 03:21 AM

Go home and eat something. This is like a meth addict asking for dental care advice. If you can't keep yourself from gambling for 24 hours straight, your problem probably isn't the cost of food.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:41 AM

How does e-boost taste with vodka mixed in? I know how my red Bull fares, but the caffeine rush sometimes gives me a grimace that other players find upsetting.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:31 PM

I didn't reed all the replies but I always bring three Cliff Bars with me. You can get a box of 24 at Costco for 18.99. They are tasty, good for you, and a clean eat.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does e-boost taste with vodka mixed in? I know how my red Bull fares, but the caffeine rush sometimes gives me a grimace that other players find upsetting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had two Red Bull and Vodka 'triples' in New Orleans once. That messed me up pretty badly.
At one point I was speculating on my chances of having a heart-attack.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"officially" I cannot comment on that, just like red Bull used to not comment about their product mixed with spirits when it launched in the UK. However I can tell you two things.

1) Lots of people were mixing it with Jim Beam products at the WSOP expo. We even stopped two knuckleheads from doing lines of E-Boost - now thats smart!

2) David Sklansky took E-Boost like a pixie stick without water - insane! I'd never do that! And yes, he earned a care package too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 01:56 PM

take a break. 20-30 minutes away from the table will do you good during those marathon sessions.

Why do you feel that you have to play "every hand?" I can understand exceptional circumstances (when the table is extremely good, and the fish are jumping) but other than that there is really no reason why you cannot get away from the table for 30-45 minutes to relax, eat and take a walk.

Do you have to travel a long ways to where you play? That seems to get people in trouble, when they feel like they have to play every minute and every hand. I see this a lot in AC where people are sometimes driving 3-4 hours just to get there.

IMO playing long sessions with no breaks is a recipe for disaster in the long run.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go home and eat something. This is like a meth addict asking for dental care advice. If you can't keep yourself from gambling for 24 hours straight, your problem probably isn't the cost of food.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much my thoughts.
It reads like, "OMGZZ. I'm so addicted to poker I can't figure out how to leave the table. But when I'm sitting there NOT GETTING UP AT ALL then I do actually get hungry on occasion. What should I do? This sucks. Eating is so hard."

Not unlike somebody peeing all over themself because they didn't want to break-away from the slot machine to go to the bathroom.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:26 AM

well boys and girls, it happened again earlier today(yesterday). I am such a sick sick degen.

So on sunday, after watching 2 bomb azz shows back-to-back, The 4400 and Ice Road Truckers, I decide to hit up HG for some quick cash.

Arrive there about 2am(Monday) and theres like 5 8/16 games going, WITH a waiting list, sweet. I play 4/8 for like 5 mins then i get called up for my game.

The first pot i get involved in, its a kill pot, im in the BB with 75o, of course i call 2 more chips. 6 to the flop. Sexy flop of 9,8,6. Theres a flush draw out there. So I bet out, donk on my left raises, 2nd donk smoooth calls. I of course 3 bang dat [censored]. Now the 2nd donk caps. 3 ways capped on the flop, Action action, me likely. Turn bricks, 2 bets go in, still 3 players. And of course river pairs the board, i check call and the 2nd donk flopped a set with 99. Sick.

I can tell this first pot is indictive of the session im gonna have tonite. The next 4 hours i do not win a SINGLE pot and proceed to drop 6 hundo. I am just getting str8 coolered, getting 1 outted, no joke. Then im down 8 hundo. No problem, i've been here before.

I spot an action table and proceed to table change over. Then i hit a nice little heater rush. I grind back up and get within like $130 of breaking even. And of course i cant leave stuck, so i continue action.

I spot another action table, or what i thought to be an action table and hop over. Now this is where things fell apart. I lose a few pots here, table is nitty. I hop over to another table.

Get AKo, raise, 3 callers. Flop Q,10,X. BB donkey bets, i ray. He lee ray's. I call. Turn is a beautiful Jack. Donkey now check calls my bet. And river of course pairs the fuggen Queen, donkey donks and of course i have to pay off. Q,10, ni hand, send dat [censored].

I table change back to the original action table i was at, the one where i hit the nice little heater. A few of the same donks are still there. I proceed to drop a few more racks. But enough is enough, by 6pm on tuesday, i am getting sick tired and cant even stay awake. I was just disgusted and didnt feel like being there any more. Total damage, -$754. So so sick. From being down 800 to being down 130 to being down 750, thats like a $2000 swing, no? so sick.

Now we get to the food. I have not so recently discovered that there is a little deli type place where they sell pizza, sandwich, salads, etc. Sometimes they dont have pizza. This time they didnt so i got the little french pastry desert dealie. Its only $1.50 and i also get the Odwalla juices which are $2.50. And i have discovered that they have this really good soup on the menu, the chicken vegetable. It was sick good, only $1.50. I dont know if its the soup of the day tho or if they have it everyday. O yea, they also have the hot dog stand. A dollar for a hot dog, not a bad deal. I ate one before I left.

Thats the story of my degen day. I think after this session today, ima take at least several days off, maybe even a few weeks. This degen lifestyle is just not healthy for me, physically nor mentally. Life tilt.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From being down 800 to being down 130 to being down 750, thats like a $2000 swing, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

me confused.