Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: $50nl Suited Conns UTG

I do find it interesting that he didnt come back over the top on the flop. I still think you will have trouble pushing him off any overpair, but if he was floating ak you at least should get him to fold that.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising UTG with SCs is fine.
Calling the 3bet is bad absent reads.
Calling the 3bet then falling in love with TP is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2007, 12:30 PM

I agree with most, fold to 3 bet preflop, oop against big stack. But playing it as you did, looking at his stack, and the fact that he didn't just reraise you all in, it looks like you're good and I would push incase he has Ax of spades.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with most, fold to 3 bet preflop, oop against big stack. But playing it as you did, looking at his stack, and the fact that he didn't just reraise you all in, it looks like you're good and I would push incase he has Ax of spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speechless.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:46 PM

Fold PF, fold flop plz.
As played push on turn, you have only 21$ left and pot is 58$ + 21$ if he calls.
With only a bit of FE and odds to hit the flush or one of 2 remaining 8s you can do it now. IMHO shove > c/f.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:51 PM

Well, I hate just about everything about the whole hand.

I hate the preflop open first hand at the table against a bunch of unknowns. Even if it weren't early in the session, I still dislike the open as a general rule. Of course, occasionally we do it, but as a matter of course, I hate it.

I hate with a passion the call of the 3b too. IMO this is unarguably -EV (notwithstanding meta considerations, which are negligable/zero here).

After that, it's all just spew and insanity and I hate it. I doubt the flop cr is folding any better hand that has 3b us pre - I mean, this villain could be 12/8, right? The fact villain called just means JJ/QQ/KK are a bit more likely that AA. But frankly that is pretty thin consolation. C/r to try and fold 99 (and we have one of the remaining 3 nines, so 99 is unlikely) TT or JJ is just too marginal for no good reason.

Bleugh, I'm too seasick after all that madness to think about the rest if the hand. Hate it all. Even if this is a thinly veiled brag post, in which case, meh, grats I guess.

Just IMO.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with most, fold to 3 bet preflop, oop against big stack. But playing it as you did, looking at his stack, and the fact that he didn't just reraise you all in, it looks like you're toast but I would push in case he has something other than an overpair more than about 3% of the time because we're close to that price anyway against one and folding the likes of TT (wishful thinking) even one time in fifty is a coup

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2007, 02:50 PM

Its certainly not a brag post.... as u can see I have only a few posts and Im here to post up hands and learn from my mistakes or confirm my decisions. Here's my thoughts. It was'nt my 1st hand but it was early on in the session. I thought that by raising utg Im representing a big hand. MP 3bets my hand so I suspect either biggish pair or AQ, AK. I hit TP on flop, I check... ok this may not be ideal but Im thinking if he has AK, AQ he will bet out. If Im putting him on AK, AQ then a re-raise after his cb should make him fold. He calls. Now Im thinking he has a big pair. I get flush draw on turn. The only chance I have of winning the hand now is to push and hopes he lays down JJ-QQ right? He calls me down all day long with AA-KK, but probably lays down JJ-QQ given my aggression and UTG?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:31 PM

Kinda... you don't need him to fold very much here. Just occasionally. Or a mad underpair or something. Any other result than a call from him with a better hand is great +$$$$$. A call from him with a better hand is only marginally bad -½$.
EDIT: That is to say you would never bet here TO fold out QQ readless unless you were insane but the pot's big enough for you to attempt it at little cost and huge gain. But it's the chances of a weird AK or a weaktight fold combined with the chance you'll outdraw that make a shove best here ie you kinda butchered the hand to this point but this decision is still one you can get right and that counts.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:44 PM

I cannot imagine a worse way to play this hand.