Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Aces are FUN

I dont agree ive played all of these right, but they were very situational based, players having a high VPIP with the instapush, the calldown = total donk...

I have a winrate of 80% with aces still, over 10k hands ive had aces 50 times, and im down by about 4 buyins because of the past two days it makes me lol.

lol

lol 2

lol 3

lol 4

lol 5

lol 6

I am yet to win with AA or KK in past 4 days, first i think im too weak so i start overplaying them, which doesnt work either.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Aces are FUN

LOL
Old 07-16-2007, 06:56 AM

Well that information is > useful
Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont agree ive played all of these right

[/ QUOTE ]

You played every single one of these bad.None of these are bad beats. When the money went into the middle you were a dog every single time.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:34 AM

Can you give me some advice on some of them?

ie, the set one? Am i ever getting away from that? Its a drawy board and i dont put 99/88 in his 3bet range.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:08 AM

The AA v 99 doesn't look too bad, as after all the raising he din't have anywhere near set-odds. And I don't know how to get away from that since he'd call your AI with a lesser overpair as well. You do re-pop it pretty good PF after his min RR, but I think maybe make it a little bigger? I don't know if you could get him AI PF, but if worse comes to worse, he folds to a big 4-bet and you win 19BB risk free.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The AA v 99 doesn't look too bad, as after all the raising he din't have anywhere near set-odds. And I don't know how to get away from that since he'd call your AI with a lesser overpair as well. You do re-pop it pretty good PF after his min RR, but I think maybe make it a little bigger? I don't know if you could get him AI PF, but if worse comes to worse, he folds to a big 4-bet and you win 19BB risk free.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with this, although i think he was calling anything there. I hit POT on the reraise so it shouldnt be much bigger.

Two other hands from above, that i dont think i played too badly.
This hand

my reason behind the instapush was he was being very agressive against me postflop, so i decided to take his action away from him.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1266828

This hand, the flop did not scare me at all, at worst i was up against JJ given the villains possible range.

I dont see how else i could have played this.

I am actually looking for feedback on the hands not just a lol. Cheers.
Ash.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 AM

I hate those open-AI-pushes on the flop, except for the last one. What do you want to achieve? Make a continuation sized bet, what ever amount you bet.

5th: Push on the flop to a reraise + bet more on the flop.

4th: Raise much more PF. Min-raise + min-reraise. I'd make it 1.5 here.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:41 AM

Hand 1: Preflop is fine but why do you shove the flop? You are betting $10 into a $2 pot. With those odds, you are rarely going to get a call from any hands that you beat, all you will do is force weaker hands to fold. I would make a much smaller bet, probably about the size of the pot. If you meet any resistance, you can make a decision based on any reads of the villain as to whether to carry on with the hand. This way you will have much more information and won't be risking all of your chips with no information.

Hand 2: Again, preflop fine and the flop bet is fine. You then have a tough decision once you have a raise all in and a call. Most of the time I would expect to be against an overpair or a set here. Whether or not you call here depends on what you know about the villains. How have you seen them play sets or big pairs before? Is the BB willing to call raises preflop with any two cards? You can then include two pair or a straight in his range.

Hand 3: Same problem as hand 1. You have bet $7 into a 90c pot. What do you expect will call here that doesn't have you beat? If you are trying to take the pot down now, there is no need to go all in, make a pot sized bet and you will fold most hands and you know you are up against a hand if you get a call / raise.

Hand 4: The flop bet here is fine. Often at these stakes, a minraise is a sign of real strength. I think you will often be up against a jack here but you could be up against a set or a boat. I don't think this hand was as badly played as some of the others, but your reraise is never going to force a fold and I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4 or JJ appear in one of the villains' hands.

Hand 5: I would be a bit cautious on this hand. The C/R on the flop is a sign that the villain likes his hand and he then follows it up with a decent size bet on the turn. You could be up against something like an overplayed A7 or maybe a draw but I would expect to see a set a fair amount of the time.

Hand 6: With the preflop play, you are going to be up against a high PP nearly all the time at these stakes. Very occasionally you may find a hand like AKs. You are ahead of TT-KK but way behind 99 and 88. I think villain is likely to call with most overpairs so you were always likely to end up all in in this hand. A smaller bet on the flop might have given you a chance to get away but you would probably have had to call anyway with the odds you would have had. I might have tried a slightly larger raise preflop but I'm not sure you would have got the villain to fold anyway.

Overall, I would say your preflop play looks OK but there are some major leaks post flop. You need to get away from thinking of AA as being the nuts all the time. It is the best hand preflop but it isn't unbeatable and you need to stop committing all of your chips regardless of what cards come up. You are likely to be some way behind in a lot of these hands as all of the hands that you have beaten are folding to the shove on the flop.

When posting future hands, you are likely to get a lot more helpful responses if you stick to just posting one hand per thread and if you don't post the outcomes so posts aren't results orientated.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:43 AM

kingsol raises to [ $0.20 ]
tomps raises to [ $0.30 ]
CALL lesmc, $0.30
juba folds
DrKanye raises to [ $1 ]
kingsol folds
CALL tomps, $0.70
CALL lesmc, $0.70

You're not raising enough