Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-15-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Venetian CEO Poker Tournament Main Event Furor

[ QUOTE ]

The Venetian can face possible fines and/or other sanctions from the NGCB, if they were notified of this dispute and did not themselves immediately contact Gaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard back from Kathy Raymond since I sent her an e-mail days ago.

I wasn't necessarily expecting to hear from her though. I was just letting her know this thread existed.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can also get into touch with several other final tablers, if anybody wants to organize some kind of legal action or whatever...i'm sure all of us would be on board w/ signatures etc. since everybody thought it was a 2500+100 i think it is only fair that it actually be paid out that way...and the winners have their prizes adjusted upward accordingly.

i dont have the time to set this up, but as i said...i'd be willing to give a reward for anybody who does.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that ALL entrants are due compensation not just the ones who cashed.....
Old 07-16-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-16-2007, 12:41 AM

In actuality, due to false advertising laws, they, (the tournament organizers), may owe money back to all entrants. Switching it after the fact would not address that fact that the event was not as advertised. I will try to put together further contact information to address this issues.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can also get into touch with several other final tablers, if anybody wants to organize some kind of legal action or whatever...i'm sure all of us would be on board w/ signatures etc. since everybody thought it was a 2500+100 i think it is only fair that it actually be paid out that way...and the winners have their prizes adjusted upward accordingly.

i dont have the time to set this up, but as i said...i'd be willing to give a reward for anybody who does.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that ALL entrants are due compensation not just the ones who cashed.....

[/ QUOTE ]

no they aren't. they thought they were entering a $2500+100 tourney w/ 9% withheld. very easy for them to fix this. make it that way. they would owe the 18 people who cashed more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would only the winners be due compensation? ALL entrants were misled and paid more than what they were advertised to do ...
Old 07-16-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no they aren't. they thought they were entering a $2500+100 tourney w/ 9% withheld. very easy for them to fix this. make it that way. they would owe the 18 people who cashed more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so selfish. One selfish party is enough per thread.

In addition to likely legal reasons, changing the prize structure can affect the way some people would have played. Everyone who paid the fee is deserving of money back.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:34 AM

Do you think people will enter the upcoming CEO venetian and Caesars tourneys like stepfords? When do the new CEO Tourneys start
Old 07-16-2007, 03:55 AM

I played in a couple of ceo events 2 weeks ago. I complained about the 19% juice, but the director, after first pleading ignorance, said the structure was better ("deep stack"). This did not satisfy me and I said i would not play again and would spread the word. It's a free market, don't give them business.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:04 AM

ANYONE who entered any of these CEO Tour Events,(win or lose),is a victim here.
NOT just the winners.
The whole structure,payout,decision to even play,etc is completely changed with this charity deception issue in fine print.
The MONSTER dollar figures withheld from the prize pool monies were so far out of whack, that it just confirms what a SCAM this whole thing was!

~stephen
Closed Thread