Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 10:59 PM

Default battlefield bonus/rakeback

i signed up for RB @ BF under a PM here.
i played there for a month and i got my 30% RB through the "redeem" button.

but just 2 days ago (and it's still there), the redeem button is gone, and it says "Bonus in Progress" in red.

i emailed their support, and i got this reply:
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Battlefield Poker.

As part of the bonus promotion you are not able to redeem rakeback until you have met the bonus requirements. Once you have released the bonus any and all rake above that required to release the bonus will be eligible for rakeback redemption purposes.

[/ QUOTE ]

am i crazy or is the bonus now exactly equal to 30% RB except that i don't see any of that money until 40k hands later (my estimate of raking $3k to clear the $1k bonus).
Old 07-13-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: battlefield bonus/rakeback

i wrote
[ QUOTE ]
OK...Just so we're on the same page...

I currently need to pay you guys $2600 in rake before my $1000 bonus is released to me. I calculated it, and at 100NL it would take me around 40,000 hands. So, for the next 40,000 hands, I'm not getting any rakeback money, and I'm not getting any bonus money.

Once I've played that 40k hands, and paid you guys the $2600 in rake, I would get my $1000 bonus, and simultaneously I would be able to get $2600 x 30% = $780.

So...after a long time of not getting anything, I will all at once get $1780 for my effort.

Is this correct?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

their reply:
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting Battlefield Poker.

I trust your calculation, but I cannot confirm them without checking that they are indeed correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

vote for most worthless reply ever...
Old 07-16-2007, 01:05 AM

I'm pretty sure that's how all bonuses work.

That's why they put you on either rakeback OR a bonus. It's your choice.

Anyway if you want rakeback instead of a bonus, why not contact battlefield?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that's how all bonuses work.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. This seems to be a common misconception - many think that you get EITHER a bonus OR RB, or that your bonus is deducted from your rakeback, which amounts to the same thing.

Every site I know of still allows you to have a sign-up bonus even if you have RB. What varies from site to site is how they deduct that bonus from your MGR - some don't deduct, some deduct a percentage, and some deduct it all. However, even when they deduct 100%, that is being deducted from your MGR (the amount your raked) and NOT your RB, so you still get some RB while clearing a bonus.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:24 AM

I get >50% at battlefield, but with this bonus I'm only going to be getting 30% it looks like. Luckily my initial deposit was only for $200 so I'll be past in in a day or two.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From Battlefieldpoker.com:

You may only take advantage of 1 promotion at a time, CLICK HERE for further details.
(Click Here it says: http://www.battlefieldpoker.com/promo_fr_01.php)

The Bonus Details

The Bonus works at a 3:1 ratio. For every $3.00 into the rake you contribute, $1.00 of Bonus you will get credit for. Once you complete the entire bonus requirements, the entire bonus will drop. For example, if you deposit $100 after you put $300 into the rake, your $100 bonus will then be dropped into your account.

IMPORTANT: If you came here through an affiliate offering a different bonus or reward, PLEASE NOTE: If you use the Bonus, it will override any promotion you were promised by an affiliate. You can only get 1 promotion at a time. If you do in fact use the deposit bonus, after you have cleared the bonus your other promotions will then kick in.

You can email BFP support and have them take you off the bonus promotion.

Regards

RR
Old 07-16-2007, 11:21 AM

yeah, everything's "fixed" now. support removed the bonus, and now i'm getting RB like i'm supposed to.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:44 AM

I'm really close to finishing up the 1k Battlefield bonus. So my RB is now considered as 'bonus in progress'. I contacted the 'floor manager' through the chat function to tell me wtf that was about and they told me that the RB that is currently accumulating in my 'redeem' folder (which I cannot access at the moment) will be made available to me once I finish the last of my 1k bonus requirement. I was happy with that answer. I should be done the 1k bonus this week and will give a trip report if there's interest.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:26 PM

You might want to check with them again. When I completed the bonus, my rakeback started at zero again because the bonus is somehow paid through rakeback.

They said something about not being able to claim more than one promotion at a time. I guess they made a change to the way the bonus works?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really close to finishing up the 1k Battlefield bonus. So my RB is now considered as 'bonus in progress'. I contacted the 'floor manager' through the chat function to tell me wtf that was about and they told me that the RB that is currently accumulating in my 'redeem' folder (which I cannot access at the moment) will be made available to me once I finish the last of my 1k bonus requirement. I was happy with that answer. I should be done the 1k bonus this week and will give a trip report if there's interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't seem right to me, this is like getting RB+bonus which'd be like 100% rakeback.