Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 6, Sun., July 15**

From Cardplayer:

Scotty Nguyen has been enjoying chatting with his tablemates. At one point he started a dialogue with a mother who is cheering her son from the rail. Nguyen is convinced that if her son wins the tournament that she will adopt him. Also if Raymond Rhame, seated two players over from him in the No. 9 seat wins, he will adopt Nguyen also. Nguyen also received a quick visit from two-time main event champion Johnny Chan, who came by to offer words of encouragement, and an endorsement logo. No word yet on whether or not Chan is mentoring anyone currently in the field.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:31 PM

Speaking of player promotion:

Per the reports in yesterday's blog about the online gaming sites marketing themselves so aggressively to players, their efforts are beginning to be apparent. Players who have never been heard of before are decked out in Full Tilt or PokerStars gear, and every table has at least several players marketing for websites. And the pay for wearing said gear goes up with each level that the players increase. More later...

From Pokerpages.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bob slezak ftw, please

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that I was the only one rooting for Bob Slezak!

Riverdance do you know Bob? I used to play bridge with him
at a club on Post street, San Franciso in the early 70s. Joe Conforti,
the owner of the Mustang Ranch and King of Vegas prostitution in
those years was also a regular, Haven't seen Bob
or heard of him in over 30 years.

Hows he doing? (or is this even the same Bob Slezak?)

Jonathan
Old 07-15-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Featured Table - Jon Kalmar Doubles Through Daniel Alaei

On the Featured Table, Jon Kalmar says "Raise" from middle position, but throws in more than half a raise but less than a full raise -- regardless of his originally intent, he is required to make the minimum raise to 120,000. Daniel Alaei reraises from the button to 540,000, and Kenny Tran thinks things over for a minute in the big blind before he folds.

The action is back to Kalmar, he moves all in for 1.69 million, and Alaei calls with {6-Diamonds}{6-Hearts}. Kalmar shows {K-Diamonds}{K-Hearts}, and as the shorter stack, he'll need them to hold up to stay alive. (Tran says that he folded pocket jacks.)

The flop comes {K-Spades}{Q-Spades}{2-Hearts}, and Kalmar flops a set of kings for a dominating lead. Alaei needs something runner-runner to win the hand.

The turn card is the {7-Clubs}, the river card is the {3-Clubs}, and Jon Kalmar wins the pot with his three kings, doubling up to about 3.4 million in chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I just picking on the guy now, or is this another really questionable play by Alaei?

edit: btw, thank god for our boy bjnemeth, or we'd be getting no hand reports at all

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling an all in with a pocket pair getting 2 to 1 is basically always correct.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Featured Table - Jon Kalmar Doubles Through Daniel Alaei

On the Featured Table, Jon Kalmar says "Raise" from middle position, but throws in more than half a raise but less than a full raise -- regardless of his originally intent, he is required to make the minimum raise to 120,000. Daniel Alaei reraises from the button to 540,000, and Kenny Tran thinks things over for a minute in the big blind before he folds.

The action is back to Kalmar, he moves all in for 1.69 million, and Alaei calls with {6-Diamonds}{6-Hearts}. Kalmar shows {K-Diamonds}{K-Hearts}, and as the shorter stack, he'll need them to hold up to stay alive. (Tran says that he folded pocket jacks.)

The flop comes {K-Spades}{Q-Spades}{2-Hearts}, and Kalmar flops a set of kings for a dominating lead. Alaei needs something runner-runner to win the hand.

The turn card is the {7-Clubs}, the river card is the {3-Clubs}, and Jon Kalmar wins the pot with his three kings, doubling up to about 3.4 million in chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I just picking on the guy now, or is this another really questionable play by Alaei?

edit: btw, thank god for our boy bjnemeth, or we'd be getting no hand reports at all

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling an all in with a pocket pair getting 2 to 1 is basically always correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised there was debate about that, but no one has mentioned the obvious angle shoot by Kalmar.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:39 PM

Is it just me or is it not ridiculous that there are 36 people left at the begining of the day and they cant get a picture up of everyone that remains...I mean seriously its 4 friggin tables! Now 28 left still everyone doesnt have a picture up today...Pokernews blows.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, another other funny thing this week has been watching oliver tse scurrying around trying to become the agent of every donk with 50 left in the hopes one wins the main event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pictures?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:45 PM

yes i know him. and you have the wrong guy. bob is mid 40's
Old 07-15-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised there was debate about that, but no one has mentioned the obvious angle shoot by Kalmar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given the confusion caused by the chip colors, it may simply have been a mistake.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or is it not ridiculous that there are 36 people left at the begining of the day and they cant get a picture up of everyone that remains...I mean seriously its 4 friggin tables! Now 28 left still everyone doesnt have a picture up today...Pokernews blows.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just you.

-Z