Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 05:28 PM

Default 2 bet, 3 bet, 3 bet, C/R fold

1-2 commerce.. All fold to me on button i raise 9c7c. Sb calls as does BB(tag).
flop Ah 9s 9d. Sb bets, BB raises, i 3 town. Sb folds, BB calls. Turn 3h. Check, bet, raise, i 3 town again. BB calls. River 6d. She check raises and i vomit and fold.
I have a LAG image. like?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: 2 bet, 3 bet, 3 bet, C/R fold

Not sure what you could possibly be beating but thats a lot of BB's to be just giving up on. If her hand was so strong she hand no trouble CR'ing you twice, I'd be wondering why she raised the flop with the the LAG still to act? If you're honestly a LAG why is she trying to raise you out before you can represent that ace?

You have to be beaten but if you dont have a good feel for the BB I'd be tempted to call just to see what she played that way. Especially if you're a lag and going to be all over her blinds all day
Old 07-15-2007, 11:38 AM

That flop play isn't standard for a 9 @ all b/c why would she want to raise that flop w/such a strong hand and the pfr behind her? If I had a 9 there I'm calling sb's bet in hopes of 3 betting the flop or raising the turn. OTOH, her turn play really makes me think she's got a hand like AQ, AJ that she didn't wanna 3 bet pfr or a weak 9. Then theres the river play which screams K9, Q9, or 96.

Getting 15.5:1 here I'm gonna pay off and hope shes got 95, 94, or 92 and she's getting outta line.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop Ah 9s 9d. Sb bets, BB raises, i 3 town. Sb folds, BB calls. Turn 3h. Check, bet, raise, i 3 town again. BB calls. River 6d. She check raises and i vomit and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hard to imagine that anyone has hand reading skills good enough to profitably fold a set in a heads up pot for one bet when they are getting 15 to 1, especially with no straight or flush on the board and only one broadway.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hard to imagine that anyone has hand reading skills good enough to profitably fold a set in a heads up pot for one bet when they are getting 15 to 1, especially with no straight or flush on the board and only one broadway.

[/ QUOTE ]

could you please not call it a set. this seriously tilts me.

as far as the hand goes, that's pretty gross. I don't think I can fold here specifically because it's commerce 1/2 but I really want to.

hmm my edit made no sense. but yeah, I think you overplayed this. your hand is not far removed from AK on the value spectrum, you just remove the chances of other ppl having a 9.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but yeah, I think you overplayed this. your hand is not far removed from AK on the value spectrum, you just remove the chances of other ppl having a 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I really don't like the turn 3bet after the way the hand had gone so far. Esp if its a player who you're considering folding to the river CR, I can't imagine the turn 3bet has too much value. I think if you call the turn CR, you could probably raise a river bet, or if they're a very tight TAG, then simply calling turn CR and river bet isn't too bad. You don't HAVE to go nuts just b/c its trips... its relative value here is far from a monster.