Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: 1/2 H.O. Foxwoods

1000air, stick to live tourneys u donkey, i played 10-20 with u for a while and u belong back down there
Old 07-14-2007, 11:14 PM

Alright I bet the turn and he raised me.

The problem was I didn't know that I was playing with a thinking player. If I knew that the hand is easy and go into call down mode. I can't see putting in a reraise in on the turn. Bottom line I got out played he showed me the old 2 4.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:21 AM

Owned...
Old 07-15-2007, 01:27 AM

you should bet the river
Old 07-15-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should bet the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? YOu think that many players will call with weaker pairs here? I don't think they'd often fold better hands for 1 bet on the river, would they?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:39 PM

clarkmeister theorem
Old 07-16-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
clarkmeister theorem

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, its been a while since I've played a lot of limit, sorta forgot about that one... is that still accepted to be correct regardless of what we hold? B/c here it doesn't seem like there's a much of a point to betting. Am I underestimating the amount that our oppenent pays off w/ weaker pairs here?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1000air, stick to live tourneys u donkey, i played 10-20 with u for a while and u belong back down there

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this so much, maybe 5-10 w/kill
Old 07-16-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
clarkmeister theorem

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, its been a while since I've played a lot of limit, sorta forgot about that one... is that still accepted to be correct regardless of what we hold? B/c here it doesn't seem like there's a much of a point to betting. Am I underestimating the amount that our oppenent pays off w/ weaker pairs here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, that's not the point of Clarkmeister's Theorem (a brief summary of which might be: When first to act OOP on the river on a four flush, non-paired board, always bet.) This puts the villain to a decision, and may cause him to fold the winning hand some portion of the time. You are trying to get him to fold hands that tie or beat us, specifically a same or better A, etc.

It also makes it safe for us to fold to a re-raise...unless he's a crafty, thinking player who is ALSO aware of this move, in which case we open ourselves up to being leveled. So Rowboat's Corollary to Clarkmeister's Theorem is that in the absence of any other information, the honesty of an opponent's raise following our river bet is inversely proportional to his ability to put us on this play. Stated differently, if he knows we will always fire a bet in this spot -- or even worse, that we will only bet in this spot *without* a diamond - and we will only call a raise with a diamond, or a high diamond, or the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he can raise our bet with impunity. So one needs to apply Clarkmeister's Theorem in a balanced way, especially in a game with thinking players who are very familiar with it, or one will lose more by applying it than one would lose by simply c/c.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 PM

i think u can safely fold the RIVER...there is NOTHING u can beat on the river besides an outright bluff and i dont see that happening because he may have been SEMI bluffing at pot on TURN and got there on river with a small pair with a diamond in his hand or no diamond and 2 pairs.....