Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 01:48 PM

Default €15 HU calling range

So we started with 12 players and now HU with the only girl out of the entire crowd. She started at the other table so no real reads on her since she's totally tight. She's quite a calling station and can read bluffs pretty well, but I don't really think she's that good for the rest. Couple of hands tough:

Five handed, she gets a free look in the bb with Q2 and makes top pair. On the river she calls a big overbet what was clearly a busted flushdraw, not that impressive, but I think her boyfriend (who was knocked out earlier) kinda told her to call it, so we had to put him at the other end of the table.

She knocked the third player out when he raised 3.5x BB with QQ, shoved the A35 flop and she called with K4 saying she was "commited" (totally not true whatsoever). Big LOL but a king on the turn and she turned bigstack against me.

In 15 hands HU she limped like 5 times from the BB and I shove quite a lot, she always folds, but now she understands that she shouldn't call anymore, but that it's jam or fold. She jammed 1/15 times. She limped once with 55 and checked it down so I could pair my 7 on the turn to win the pot. I came back from a 90k-30k situation (sort of like that) to the exact count of 60,550-59,450 with blinds of 3,200-6,400. I'm in the big blind and she jams, if I call, it's pretty much over no matter who wins. What's my calling range? 1st pays €100 and 2nd €50.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: €15 HU calling range

It sounds like she is on an unusually tight pushing range. I'd probably want A9 77.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: €15 HU calling range

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like she is on an unusually tight pushing range. I'd probably want A9 77.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tight or weird, wouldn't know. This is probably totally read dependant, but in my opinion she just realised you don't need JJ+ to jam, you only need your opponent to have a below average hand. I found 77 and kinda new this was probably the worst I would call a jam with, 66 being an (obvious) fold. I really felt lost here, so is this too close and should I wait for a tad better spot or go for it?