Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: rake worries

Play on Party, free money!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

LHE 6-max was the one I couldn't beat. After a few thousand hands, I'm now winning at this game

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol'd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no kidding. I felt like I was banging my head against a wall. I still think you're all out of your minds.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:00 AM

You don't understand why they're laughing.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:16 AM

lol voss,

in other news...

IN
Old 07-12-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol voss,

in other news...

IN

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 10:38 PM

This thread is making less and less sense...

Anyway, FWIW (and to add some content to this thread lol), I've been doing some calculations of my 'rakeback' on stars over my last 15k hands of 5/10 6-max.

It would seem that, at that limit, at Platinum VIP, the bonus works out to be around 15%.

Using the same formulae, you can work out the 'rakeback' of all the other items in the store. It's kinda interesting.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Limit poker is very problematic as far as the rake goes and the limits from 2-4 to 3-6 are the worst. Playing good games the rake at 1-2 is not a problem until one plays heads up, at least not with a rakeback. The rake at 5-10 is already at the level where the rake taken by 25c increments is not a factor as 5+5=10 (50c increment per $10), though the rake is much compared to what one wins still at 10-20 (that's the first level where one could more or less comfortably play both shorthanded and heads up as long a the game is good enough/one gets rakeback - the games at sites like Tilt are tougher though they can have a rake gap in 1:1 games at 50c and one can get e.g. 27% rakeback), but the problems are mostly at 2-4 and still more so at 3-6 (both heads up and shorthanded), so moving up will be problematic; one should get rakeback and bonuses (not taken off from the rakeback are the best) when one first gets to some site and possible reload bonuses; Absolute poker and one of its skin gives rakeback and $500 as a new player (I don't think it's taken from the rakeback but I don't know), and the same goes for the skin. The problem at absolute at 2-4+ is that the rake is straight (that's about a double rake compared to sites that do not rake before $20) and they have jackpot tables that are very popular (maybe harder to get table(s) without it and they are likely tougher) but the drop is 50c more that might double the rake again. And I am not sure how fast the bonus clears these days and one has only 60 days. FullTilt is tight and 27% rakeback. Stars is also tight and half so without rakeback. Party has no rakeback but its 2-4 games may not rake before $20, though they figure to be tight and they have jackpot games that the fish may prefer, though there's plenty non-jackpot games. Boss-media has some good 2-4 games at least some of the time but they increased its rake from not-before-$20 to 25c/$5, though one gets rakeback deal of 30% and the bonus but the bonus clears so slow it's worth too little to mention (I have still $300 as a pending bonus there I will never play). I am not mentioning WPEX as I don't play there. One could also look for prop deals (most of them are on more or less empty sites so it's not easy to get even heads up games, but some sites have NL action so one may get some heads up too though they may fill then faster, but there are some more busy sites when one plays high enough) and with knowledge one could find deals from more busy sites where one could play 2-4 or 3-6 as the minimum but one must not be a player there already so one better look those before opening any accounts anywhere. I can't help with that myself but say that google it. There are ways to get over those limits (or play those limits even permanently but that's more tricky) both shorthanded and heads up, and if nothing else one could play them without making any money.