Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Move up?

I've ground stars 1 cent 2 cent for about a week, avg'ing 7 dollars a day (9 dollars a day before vaca)...hitting 92 cents/100 hands, etc etc. Up 60 dollars over 7k hands.

Good enough sample and info to move to the huge 2 cent 5 cent games? thank you,

IJ
Old 07-14-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Move up?

I think most people would say as long as you are properly rolled for the next level then take a shot.

Its usually suggested that you have 20 buy ins for the level that you are playing. If your beating that game, I'm sure that .02-.05 is just as easy.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:55 PM

thanks and i should be there soon at this rate.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've ground stars 1 cent 2 cent for about a week, avg'ing 7 dollars a day (9 dollars a day before vaca)...hitting 92 cents/100 hands, etc etc. Up 60 dollars over 7k hands.

Good enough sample and info to move to the huge 2 cent 5 cent games? thank you,

IJ

[/ QUOTE ]

It might depend on what strategy you're using.

I am having good success at Stars .01/.02 as well. But I'm looking for the highest see-the-flop percentages that I can find, and getting huge pay-offs on my flushes and sets, and playing a lot of k-rag and little pocket pairs to get those big scores.

At .01/02, the highest see-the-flop might at any one time be, say, 69%, while at .02/05 it's 45%.

I've fooled around with 2/5 cents, but for now, I want to concentrate on one strategy, learning how to extract as much as I can from very loose tables where practically everyone dives in.

Good playing will get you there at the next level, but might require a strategy/hand selection adjustment. At 1/2 you might have 3 other players with you when you show down your set. That won't happen on a regular basis at 2/5.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 PM

You've got an extremely good winrate and won't have any trouble beat $5nl, the standard won't be much (if any) higher.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:21 PM

Yeah sure - what do you have to lose? If you run bad you can always drop back down. Even if you busto its not very serious as the amounts of $ involved are not great in poker or in real world terms.

Playing micro limits is improving so that u can play higher limits and make more money - it isn't about grinding for $60 bucks over 7k hands. Practice playing with some better players.

Lucky