Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone give me an update on the rake/time charge at Sarasota Dog track?

I am willing to drive the extra time to get to tampa HR if the rake/time charge sucks at the dog track

[/ QUOTE ]

$5/30 mins on both the $60 min/max ($1/$2) and $100 min/max ($2/$3).

I didn't think it would be beatable, but now I'm not so sure. Very small sample size, so YMMV.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Daytona hs started a nl game .. very loose play, enjoy
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have they figured out how to run an NL game yet? I'm back there next weekend. It's easily the worst run poker room in FL if not the Galaxy.

I was at the Naples-Ft Myers Dog track last night and made $700+ at 1/2 NL Cash games and didn't feel I played all THAT well. Just picked on the people who seemed like they had no clue and that was 40% of the players. Is it me or is this a mini-gold rush for small stakes NL in the olde Sunshine state?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone give me an update on the rake/time charge at Sarasota Dog track?

I am willing to drive the extra time to get to tampa HR if the rake/time charge sucks at the dog track

[/ QUOTE ]

$5/30 mins on both the $60 min/max ($1/$2) and $100 min/max ($2/$3).

I didn't think it would be beatable, but now I'm not so sure. Very small sample size, so YMMV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it's beatable..........

But in theory so is a 20 cent line in baseball, but one would be much better off playing at a shop that offers a 10 cent line.

-FH-
Old 07-15-2007, 12:25 PM

I was at a $1/$2 NL table this past Saturday at the Hard Rock. When I arrived, seat 2 had about $700 in front of him (mind you, this is a $100 max buyin.) I thought to myself, wow, this guy must be pretty good. After about an hour it became apparent he was anything but good. He blew the entire stack in about an hour and a half (he played almost every hand) and then left the table.

There was also another guy in seat 8 or 9 who literally played every hand, and usually made it $20 to go pre-flop many times without ever looking at his cards! People were just limping and waiting for him to make his raise so they could re-raise him. Talk about a goldmine. This guy re-bought repeatedly.

My cards were really bad, so I had a difficult time cashing in on this table. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] One guy sat down at our table, and picked up some huge hands against these two fish and built his stack to what looked like about $1K in about an hour. He left shortly after busting the guy in seat 2. It was pure madness. I can't wait to go back.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:34 PM

Did you happen to be at table 5-5? Was there Saturday and the black guy with bulging eyes in seat 9 was raising $15-$20 preflop about 80% of the time. Sooner rather than later these kinds of players will have to run out of money. Until then, I hope my wife let's me go more often [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 07-15-2007, 10:00 PM

No. I believe it was table 3-6. Early in the morning around 9:00 to Noon or so.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:06 AM

I played last night at Hard Rock, but had to play 2/4 limit, the 1/2 NL was 3 hour wait. At any rate, the 2/4 had to be the loosest game I've ever seen with players talking about how it's really "bingo." I told that player that it's the poor players that make it like bingo. There was consistently 7-8 seeing the flop, often times capping preflop at $8 with 5 or 6 along for the ride with their Ax, K9, J8 etc. If only I could have caught some more cards last night.

I grinded for about 2 hours and made $60, I think I played about 5 hands total. Played super tight in early and middle position due to all the lag players raising and re-raising with any two. But in late position, that's where I opened up and played a few hands making my money. These players are so bad that you just need to wait and be patient hit a big flop and they pay you off. Of course hands like AA, KK, don't always hold up against all these donkeys, but the J10s and Axs in late position after several limpers will make you a fortune in these games.

If you play tag, and use your position you only need to win a few big pots and avoid the marginal hands out of position to crush these games. It reminded me of the old 1/2 limit games, but at least with 2/4 the pots are big enough to allow us to remain profitable with the rake capping at $5, many of the pots I saw were well over $75+ reducing the rake to 5 or 6%.

I don't know if anyone out there is making money playing 2/4 limit on a regular basis, but I sure see no reason why one couldn't make some extra cheese playing this game.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the 2/4 had to be the loosest game I've ever seen with players talking about how it's really "bingo." I told that player that it's the poor players that make it like bingo. There was consistently 7-8 seeing the flop, often times capping preflop at $8 with 5 or 6 along for the ride with their Ax, K9, J8 etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

2/4 limit anywhere frequently plays like this.
It's not just a Florida thing.
Play 2/4 limit in LV and you probably won't notice much of a difference. Maybe a little bit depending on the night, but not a whole lot.

The ridiculously bad play is somewhat balanced by the obnoxiously high-rake for such a low-stakes game. When they're taking $5 or $5 rake out of almost every pot you have to consider that no matter how large the pots are getting, the house is raking 1BB or more every single hand.
Yiikes, That's a lot.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 AM

Let's here some reports on the various bad beat jackpots around the Tampa area........

DERBY LANE will top $15,000 today unless someone hit the jackpot in the last hour of play last evening.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:20 AM

The parimutuels here in South Florida aren't doing jackpots yet. A week ago, Gulfstream said they would begin July 15. But yesterday (July 15), they said by the end of the month. I also played at the Isle on Saturday and they're also saying by the end of the month.