Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2006, 06:01 PM

Default A Straight Vs. two ultra LAGs.

Both opponents (infact most of the table) have all been very loose pf, and then very aggressive once they catch any part of the flop or even overcards. On previous hands in the session MP3 reraised with lower than middle pair and took down the pot against UTG+1 who showed bottom pair. Was I correct to hold onto this straight, even though it was the Queen I was dreading?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 03-04-2006, 06:46 PM

Default Re: A Straight Vs. two ultra LAGs.

:grunch:
personally, I'm dumping this preflop, on the flop and on the turn
Old 03-04-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Re: A Straight Vs. two ultra LAGs.

[ QUOTE ]
:grunch:
personally, I'm dumping this preflop, on the flop and on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible advice. Preflop this is a standard call in late position. On the flop, by the time it gets back to you you are getting 12-1 on you're 4, possibly 5 outer so obviously call. Fold the turn? He has a straight against 2 LAGs. I don't think you should go nuts since the flush draw did just hit but folding would be a monumental mistake. When MP3 raises the river I begin to get worried but he is a LAG so I see no problem with that call either. Nice hand.