Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 5, Sat., July 14 **

Playing down to 9, then a day off, then the final table.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:33 AM

Some people are just now realizing how [censored] PNews coverage has been, lol.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
scotty getting down and down

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's +EV to have a least one "face" pro at the FT. It draws in the viewers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. The first year it was televised was the highest rated, and nobody knew anybody.

It's not the players that draw "viewers" it's the game .
Old 07-15-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's +EV to have a least one "face" pro at the FT. It draws in the viewers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. The first year it was televised was the highest rated, and nobody knew anybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

For this specific event, probably. There are some viewers who won't watch a WPT if they don't like the lineup.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For this specific event, probably. There are some viewers who won't watch a WPT if they don't like the lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big difference...WPT is just on, the WSOP final table has 14 episodes in order to build storylines, hype competitors, etc. ESPN usually does a great job telling its story, which is partly why it's so popular. There's a reason why people like Erin Ness became a "star" even after getting like 200th place.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:55 AM

I hope Hevad Khan takes down the tournament.

This amount of positive (and funny) energy he spents while playing poker would be very good for the game in my opinion. Can you imagine him sitting down with long time pros on HSP? How about an S'n'G on Poker After Dark?.

There are people who compare him to Humberto Brenes or even guys like Sheikhan or Molina. I don't think that this is valid. There is a huge difference (in my book) between 1. putting people down, proclaiming that 'I am the best!' and 2. saying 'I am a good player!', being confident about that and not activly making others look bad on TV.

Khan's emotional explosions are genuine IMO and I don't think that can be said about all the people he is being compared with. Look at the 'chair hat' video and you see that this was most probably not planned (then look at Brenes and his chaaark). Also he is not rubbing stuff in. The whole chair action was only a few seconds and then he put it down again looked like he would cool down. His emotions went through with him (and things like this are attractive for viewers) but he was definitely able regain composure very fast(compare Brenes).

Also look at the pokernews.com interview with him. He is just a very exciting and colorful personality in my opinion but he is not (may sound childish) mean. He is not only acting funny but he is able to articulate himself pretty well IMO even though in a style that is his own (which is a good thing I think). I think he is very much able to draw positive attention to poker if he places very high in the ME this year. I wish him the best of luck to take it down.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:07 AM

Khan reps the new blood. LP.net, Starcraft background, massive multitabling experience. I am def pulling for him, and hope he wins.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
See you guys tomorrow night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only person in the world able to make a mullet look cool.

GOGOGO SCOTTY
Old 07-15-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I think we will see alot more of Maria in this year's broadcast than we did of last year's last woman to bust out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is last year's last women out.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop, Hevad "Rain" Khan raises in the small blind and Adam White shoves for 470,000 in the big blind. Khan calls with {Q-Diamonds}{Q-Clubs}. White has {A-Clubs}{K-Spades}. The race is on, and the queens hold up.

Khan has 6,600,000 and Adam White is eliminated. Immediately afterward, Khan went wild and lifted his chair onto his head. "How do you like my new hat?!" Khan shouts. "Does it fit good??!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't wait to see this on tv. Can't work out if he'll come across as hilarious or d-baggy, but from this it sounds a little too close to Humberrrrto for comfort [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's different. he's young, intelligent, and he's not doing it all in spanish with a stupid ass shark gimmick. i'll definitely laugh my ass off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that this guy showed zero class on day 2. I was the next table over and it was plain disgusting watching him show up people after knocking them out. I was waiting for someone to head butt him.