Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: A set hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check flop to do what? c/c? lol at that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is that lol? Bet calling is ten times more absurd imo, and since I'm not prepared to B3B here and commit I think a c/c is fine.

[ QUOTE ]
what do we do on a million turns? c/r AI?

[/ QUOTE ]
WHAT??????

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think this hand sucks so much, then fold pre-flop.

This is EXACTLY the kind of board on which your bottom set will get a lot of action.

I'd rather play it like you suggest if the board was 49Kr.

[/ QUOTE ]

444 is much better on a K94 rainbow board given action than 458 with flush draw. First of all we only lose to 999 in the first example (villain reraises KK obv, and possibly 99 too). Plus it's a lot more likely somebody slowplays a set on sucb a dry board, where as sets and straights will almost always be pumping the pot ASAP in the original hand. I also think villain rarely if ever plays hearts like this given the description in the OP of tending to play big pots only with big hands, I doubt he would fire the turn with just a draw and he might not even raise the flop at all. I'm not a huge fan of raising the flop with the NFD as villain after a solid player leads this flop multiway which is very often a hand that is going for a 3bet if raised, and we hate to be 3 bet here obviously if we have the NFD. Plus we don't want to blow out lower flush draws either, especially this deep.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even when we widen the range to include decent overpairs and any A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], we're still in pretty bad shape when you factor in being OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens to our equity when you add in the other player?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:00 AM

So, you post a screen-shot of opponents range that shows us ahead and still advocate a fold? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, you post a screen-shot of opponents range that shows us ahead and still advocate a fold? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't understand what you are trying to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I even have to explain this? What part of said 3-bet range calls a push? The part that absolutely crushes us, that's what.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I even have to explain this? What part of said 3-bet range calls a push? The part that absolutely crushes us, that's what.

[/ QUOTE ]

FE, so you want to just c/c down here, hoping a bunch of hearts miss, 6's and 7's miss?

If one hits and villain keeps firing, just fold?

seems a pretty nitty/awful way to play the set.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FE, so you want to just c/c down here, hoping a bunch of hearts miss, 6's and 7's miss?

If one hits and villain keeps firing, just fold?

seems a pretty nitty/awful way to play the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, as long as you define "hoping" to mean that there's a 4/5 chance that the next street will be a brick.

I'm not C/Cing all the way, if any street gets checked down I'm betting the next. Otherwise generally calling a lot because villains bet with heaps of crap that folds to our donk lead - various one & two pairs, draws, overs and some stone cold bluffs.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Push flop WTF with just calling flop!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was thinking why didnt you push the flop?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:05 AM

this board is extremly drawy.