Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: hand against sethypooh

I bet this vs most TAGs for reasons that scary_tiger mentioned. IIRC sethy has a high WTSD too. Not sure how much this factors into the decision.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:53 PM

that was pretty much my thought process at the river, good to hear that i wasnt far off. care to explain your preflop 3-bet? this is something that i never do when someone taggish raises a limper.

edit: read your second post after writing this
Old 07-14-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet this vs most TAGs for reasons that scary_tiger mentioned. IIRC sethy has a high WTSD too. Not sure how much this factors into the decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

This cuts both ways, I'm folding a better hand never, but more likely to call down a high. Though this river is a bad one for A hi call down. If the river is like 9x, then he has a nice vb spot.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:52 AM

I think button calling this river with AJ or worse is a pretty big error against most opponents. It's one that I still make too frequently, but if there is ever a board where a flop peel indicates a hand that is AT LEAST AJ, this is it.

Also, since nobody ever folds a pair online (or so the perception goes), no sane villain is betting a no pair hand on this river as a bluff, so you can safely check/fold your 6s here. That said, this is much easier to say in a 2+2 post than to do in practice at the table.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think button calling this river with AJ or worse is a pretty big error against most opponents. It's one that I still make too frequently, but if there is ever a board where a flop peel indicates a hand that is AT LEAST AJ, this is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree with this - I think for this reason sethy has to bet the turn here.

It's just not a good turn value check. Based on what we know about the hand so far, villan either has a weak K or we're in a good position to take down the pot now. I think a weak K does not c/r the turn here so we don't usually bet ourselves out of 3 outs - I don't think.

Whether or not he triple barrels as a bluff if called on the turn is the question for Sethy. Probably not.

Sorry for the semi-hijack - @ OP - I don't almost never expect pairs to check this turn so I guess I like b/f.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree with this - I think for this reason sethy has to bet the turn here.

It's just not a good turn value check. Based on what we know about the hand so far, villan either has a weak K or we're in a good position to take down the pot now. I think a weak K does not c/r the turn here so we don't usually bet ourselves out of 3 outs - I don't think.

Whether or not he triple barrels as a bluff if called on the turn is the question for Sethy. Probably not.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a TVC, it was me more or less giving up on the hand - no way any PP folds this Kxxx board, the only hands that fold are drawing super thin anyway (unless he's peeling this flop with QJs) and I absolutely get C/r'ed by Kings and maybe even AsXs.

As I said in my earlier post, no way I call this river with AJ/AT, but if the river is a rag, I might, so OP would have had a VB on a blankish river, IMO.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:51 PM

betting this blank turn from sethypooh's view would be burning money imo and it wouldnt be a vlaue-check either becaue there are not many worse hands op could bluffbet on the river after calling a Kxx rainbow flop. if a non-retard calls this flop he usually has a hand and seth should take the chance to hit one of his outs for free.