Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 04:39 PM

Default 50NL tough decision on a two pair flop

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $54.70
BB: $66.25
UTG: $40.75
CO: $12.80
Hero (BTN): $186.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
BB calls $0.50, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $64.25</font>, <font color="orange"> Hero ??????? </font>

Is this an easy call or fold? No reads on villian
Old 07-14-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: 50NL tough decision on a two pair flop

Errrrrr you flopped an almost perfect flop for your hand. If he has set of 8's he has a set of 8's. You are stacking overpairs here.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:04 PM

Is the converter messed up, how could the BB call pre-flop? Were you open raising with 65o? Did you do that with a specific read, as I won't with 65o if I can see the blinds like to defend.

As played, w/o read I call expecting to see multiway draw from my opponent. While it is not incorrect for him to play, he makes more money when you fold here than when you call. A7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] would be a likely hand (15 outs) that could push to the felt here. If he really defended with 97, 74, 86, or 85, oh well, next hand. With a read I could fold, without a read, I doubt I am. FWIW, I guess he defended with 87 or 76, giving him a pair and OESD.

Edit: While I didn't mention them, I doubt a true overpair plays this way, maybe 77, but I don't assume a true overpair pushes here, unless I have a read on my opponent that makes that possible.
Vern
Old 07-14-2007, 05:06 PM

Easy call. So many draws.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the converter messed up, how could the BB call pre-flop? Were you open raising with 65o? Did you do that with a specific read, as I won't with 65o if I can see the blinds like to defend.

As played, w/o read I call expecting to see multiway draw from my opponent. While it is not incorrect for him to play, he makes more money when you fold here than when you call. A7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] would be a likely hand (15 outs) that could push to the felt here. If he really defended with 97, 74, 86, or 85, oh well, next hand. With a read I could fold, without a read, I doubt I am. FWIW, I guess he defended with 87 or 76, giving him a pair and OESD.

Edit: While I didn't mention them, I doubt a true overpair plays this way, maybe 77, but I don't assume a true overpair pushes here, unless I have a read on my opponent that makes that possible.
Vern

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think the converter got messed up. He was just the BB. I like to establish a pretty LAG image right when I sit down and this was my 3rd hand at the table. I also thought he had some kind of a combo draw but wasn't sure because he pushed for so many monies.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:14 PM

I think the effective overbet AI screams strong draw or made straight more than set. I would expect a set to either call and donk into a safe turn or to re-re-raise to about $30. He either wants to maximize value because he had the straight or he wants to maximize fold equity with a massive overbet. At least that is the way I read it.