Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 01:44 PM

Default 65s blind defense

From the 15/30 Wynn last night.

A guy in LP open-raises from either 1 or 2 off the button. He's a decent player, seems to understand position, and is playing what looks to be a straight-forward game. His range is probably decently wide here, probably a mix of big/medium pocket pairs, suited aces, some suited kings, stronger offsuit aces, and broadway. The small blind calls and I defend with 65s.

This is fairly late in the evening and my image is pretty tight and solid. I've only shown down winners and (if anyone has been paying attention), I've also shown some weak river play. Weak river play is something that I've always had issues with. But back to the hand...

The flop is K84 rainbow, giving me a gutshot and backdoor flush draw. Both blinds check and LP bets. SB folds. I think for a brief moment and raise...
Old 07-14-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: 65s blind defense

good spot for this play on a dry board like this.

you're putting pressure on a great majority of his range. you could easily have up to 10 outs. and you have a solid image so if you follow up with a turn bet you're very likely to take this one down.

flop CR is A+.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:28 PM

are we leading all turns, aaron?
Old 07-14-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good question... are we?
Old 07-14-2007, 02:37 PM

lol, you made the decision, tell me your plan for the hand.

your read on the guy is that he's decent, but he's probably not folding many pairs to this line, and you're hu out of position so you can't take the free card on the turn.

i suppose as always it depends on reads/table dynamic etc, but i would think firing all turns hoping he folds unpaired cards is the best way to proceed. the problem is if we turn a good card and he raises us then we have to call anyway.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...i would think firing all turns hoping he folds unpaired cards is the best way to proceed...

[/ QUOTE ]

agree.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's a decent player, seems to understand position, and is playing what looks to be a straight-forward game

[/ QUOTE ]
If he is really playing straight forward I doubt that he is betting the flop with a hand that is going to fold to the C/R or even on the turn. Unless you think playing straight forward is cont. betting in a 3-way pot (it's a good c-bet board though)
Old 07-14-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's a decent player, seems to understand position, and is playing what looks to be a straight-forward game

[/ QUOTE ]
If he is really playing straight forward I doubt that he is betting the flop with a hand that is going to fold to the C/R or even on the turn. Unless you think playing straight forward is cont. betting in a 3-way pot (it's a good c-bet board though)

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ/AJ/AT/Ax is not continuing past the turn w/o pairing up (or turning a broadway gutter) and those hands make up a very large portion of his range.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused... are you suggesting that *NOT* c-betting into two blind defenders after open-raising in late position is standard?
Old 07-14-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good question... are we?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You have to lead this turn.